What's your Religion?

In the interest of bringing our community closer together, blah blah… it’s poll time!

Quite a wide range of viewpoints on that secular line.

Yes, on purpose. See here for a good source:

http://www.adherents.com/Religions_By_Adherents.html

Secular/Nonreligious/Agnostic/Atheist: This is a highly disparate group and not a single religion. Although atheists are a small subset of this grouping, this category is not synonymous with atheism. Atheists actually make up less than one-tenth of one percent of the population in many countries where large numbers claim no religious preference, such as the United States (7.5% nonreligious) and Australia (15% nonreligious).

One portion of this broad grouping includes those who are best described as “nonreligious,” i.e., those who are essentially passive with regards to religion, generally affirming neither belief nor disbelief. They may be neither contemplative about philosophy and spirituality nor involved in a religious/faith/philosophical community. Although a certain percentage of people in many countries classify themselves as nonreligious in surveys, there are few data indicating how many of these fit the passive “nonreligious” criteria described above, versus those who actually do contemplate such matters, but simply have their own personal philosophy and no stated affiliation with an organized religion.

For the purposes of this list, this grouping also includes more proactive or well-defined philosophies such as secular humanism, atheism, agnosticism, deism, pantheism, freethought, etc., most of which can be classified as religions in the sociological sense, albeit secular religions.

And I haven’t written a one-liner yet. (If you don’t count Pepe.)

You forgot Zoroastrianism.

Just another boaring Christian.

Better than a whoring Christian. Or are those Catholic Priests?

Brethren, there just weren’t no room for every religion so I chose major ones. Pepe loves you! :)

I wonder what the percentage of nonreligious is in Sweden. Let’s see, there’s me, probably Anders, who else … divided by 9 million … 2 in memory … hmmm …

I don’t know if I know a single person who is actually religious… Come to think of it, I do know a Muslim. And maybe the one who works for the Church went back into the fold, or if he’s still being blasphemous.

No entry for Deist? Good thing Thomas Jefferson isn’t registered here.

Picky picky! I left out the Urantia folks too… or are they under "Christianity?
:)

You also forgot Taoism.

Which is why I am now a happy resident of the “other” category. Then again, as a Taoist, I could have picked any category, and it would have meant the same thing.

Being from Arkansas, the vast majority of the people I know are Christians even if they don’t attend services regularly (like me).

-DavidCPA

Thats not just in Arkansas.

Yeah, but in practical terms it all amounts to the same thing. It’s not like you see agnostics (like myself) and athiests (like Rywill) getting into heated battles over our religious beliefs. It’s just not something that’s particularly important to me, one way or the other.

But there’s also a belief that there’s a greater or ordered force in the universe, but that it’s not what’s described in organized religions–those are just the only way humans can try to interpret a “God force.”

“Deism” is close to this. And it’s is actually a fairly common interpretation among educated people who can’t buy organized religion, but who also see a scope and order to the universe that suggest some sort of guided structure.

But it would be funny to watch, if that ever happend.

Shocked, I am, at the exclusion of Satanism. When the Koontzantichrist rises, you will all be sorry.

isn’t satanism just a christian denomination?