When are your holiday lights/decorations/tree/pole going up?

We try to do ours the weekend after Thanksgiving; my partner REALLY loves Xmas and it brings her a lot of joy. Unfortunately, depression kept us from decorating until very late – and sometimes not at all – for many years, but we’re gonna give it our all this year, given how shite it’s been otherwise. She’s a very “one Holiday at a time, please” kind person, though, so no hints of Xmas allowed till then.

Another reason to do the Christmas tree the day after Thanksgiving is that everyone tends to be together so putting the decorations is more fun. We usually make Hot Chocolate and have snacks. Though living in Florida does dampen the Hot Chocolate a bit but tradition is good!

Good hot chocolate knows not climate. I like Jacques Torres. Amazing stuff.

Lights up and tested. Man, that glow got me immediately in the Holidays mood. Candles in the windows on Thanksgiving and then power it all up that night.

Nothing as grandiose as this, but still…

We’re not super keen on getting a tree this year. But we definitely want to decorate… we also don’t have any outdoor power outlets (99 year-old house with mostly original wiring). So it’s either string lights around the big front windows from the inside, or break down and go get a tree. Either way it’ll be soon.

Since it was mid 50s today, I was planning on putting up the outside lights. Then my back seized up while I was in the roof. That was fun trying to get down. Hopefully it will loosen up enough by tomorrow Silk I can do the outside this weekend and the tree and inside next weekend. Lights don’t get turned on until the 1st.

@RichVR

I went and looked up Jacques Torres on Amazon. wow - $45 for 36 ounces! Then I went and did a search for it and found the same size for $22 so I thought well that is better. But when I hit the shipping they were going to charge 36 bucks!

It must be some really good Hot Chocolate. : )

I once made Hot Chocolate with this recipe I found somewhere:

Ingredients:
• 1 1/2 cups whole milk
• 1/2 cup heavy cream
• 2 teaspoons powdered sugar
• 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional, but delicious. Will intensify chocolate flavor)
• 8 ounces bittersweet chocolate, at least 70%, chopped*
• Giant bowl of whipped cream, for serving

Directions:

1. In a medium sauce pan over medium heat, whisk together the whole milk, heavy cream, powdered sugar, and espresso powder until small bubbles appear around edges. Do not allow the mixture to boil.
  2. Remove from saucepan from heat and stir in the chopped chocolate until melted, returning the sauce to low heat if needed for the chocolate to melt completely. Serve warm, topped with lots of whipped cream

It is like you are drinking a chocolate bar. It was good.

Can’t find it in the Weight Watchers app so I guess it is a no go for me right now. : )

My nightmare. Be safe!

Oh my. Well I am glad you are not sending a mayday from the roof. If it’s still bad in a few days, maybe consider seeing someone.

Thank you. It’s loosened up considerably overnight, so I should be fine later today. Of course it’s raining now, so no roof for me (I may be foolish, but I’m not stupid.)