When do the next generation GPUs drop?

Another article discussing the slump in demand:

I need to read more from this site. I loved this:

But before I share the good news, Iā€™m not done bitching.

His timeline is also talking about up to 6 months for things to settle down.

Suddenly feel a lot better about buying a Vega 56 recently.

Before we hurt his feelings the founder of Extreme Tech Loyd Case was a regular here. I think site ownership has changed since then.

Have GeForce prices returned to normal? Newegg has a 1080 on sale for less than MSRP

Didnā€™t MSRP for most cards get bumped up a couple months ago ā€œbecause they could,ā€ though?

The fact that a GTX 1080 is that price and in stock, is a good sign things are returning to normal.

Wow, finally some stability. Great to see!

Last March, they had reduced the MSRP for the GTX 1080 to $499 though, and this card is $580 on sale. So weā€™re still not quite where we were a year ago.

True, thatā€™s below the launch MSRP.

Now we just need RAM back to normal and Meltdown/Spectre-proof Intel CPUs and Iā€™ll go build a new PC.

I dunno, the Ryzen 5 2600X looks extremely juicy. Intel would have to pull a rabbit out of a hat to beat that.

RAM is still extremely expensive, $160 for 16GB of DDR4-3000.

Isnā€™t that RAM price already down some from its highs? I thought I saw it for over 200 at one point.

Hereā€™s the price history for one specific SKU, the Corsair 2x8GB DDR4-3000 kit.

May 2016 it cost $70, it hit a high of $200 in December 2017, and today itā€™s down to $190. So prices are still inflated by a whopping 271%.

https://pcpartpicker.com/product/MYH48d/corsair-memory-cmk16gx4m2b3000c15?history_days=730

And looking back through my email, I personally paid $85 for a 2x8GB Corsair kit back in February 2016 that costs $185 today. Slower RAM as it was for a 6700K not a Ryzen. 217% price increase.

I think I bought that same stuff but of the 3000 MHz variety in December 2016 for about $106 IIRC. In my case for an i7 6700.

I checked my emails, and found that I paid $549 for that Gigabyte GTX1080 card back on Wednesday, October 19, 2016.

:D

All GTX 10 series in stock at Nvidia!

I read this at first as ā€œhumanity problemā€. I guess either works.

Does this mean that I can finally consider buying a new PC for a good price?