When do the next generation GPUs drop?

Ahhh so. In that case 2060 will likely be a binned 2070.

Unclear what they’re doing with binned 2080tis and 2080s. Maybe a 2070ti? They certainly aren’t going to throw them all out.

I’d bet not since the little bit they’ve talked about makes it seem like there won’t be an RTX below 2070. So most likely 2060 will be pascal based.

Then they’re just throwing out all the binned 2080s. Nah, they’ll use em in something. Might be the ray-tracing stuff gets cut out alongside some of the render cores.

I think B360 will also support Ninth Gen? It’s hard to predict but they should last a LONG time.

And then F them a SECOND time.

Those bar stewards!

Wow. Maybe you have one of those stellar delivery individuals that thinks it’s okay to chuck a monitor over a fence.

Jesus Christ @Kadath, I’m so sorry to see that.
Obviously, someone used an axe instead of the required drill.

I mean seriously, I don’t think I could damage a monitor that badly if I tried!
Easily the worst shipping damage I’ve ever seen.
Wait. There was a computer in another thread too, wasn’t there?

For fuck sake.

That is brutal!

I can’t remember if I ever showed one of the computer an extended family member received. It looked like forklift drove right over it, like case twisted, bent… never seen anything like it.

I’ve been real lucky that way. The worst I ever got was cracked CD cases.

Oh, and the UPS driver that delivered my $700 monitor 5 years ago just left it outside on the front deck. There was no additional box; just the manufacturer’s glossy box, complete with stunning photos of what’s in the box, along with a handy list of all of its features.

The monitor itself was pristine however. Using it right now.

Haha, yeah my TV showed up that way. If someone is going to steal something though, they don’t need the photo. The shape, the e-tailer… it’s really awful when you live in an area where someone steals your stuff or you have one of those truck chasers.

I think in a yearish I’ll get one of those video games for my door bell and a full security system, and that’s from someone who is almost always home for deliveries and in the few years I’ve been here, I’ve only lost a sprinkler to some punk kid.

Well they are cross shipping a new one, will be here wednesday. Infuriating but what can ya do?

Ugh, that’s horrible.

My person last year left my $700+ dollar ASUS G-Sync monitor on my covered porch as well, but it was in a shipping box, at least. Also my porch has a low wall and it was thus hidden from the street, thank goodness.

Mine is wide open. Not even a railing. No trees, nothing to block the view. Fortunately, I’ve got good neighbors, and they are pretty watchful.

ExtremeTech makes a great argument going back a decade against buying GPUs that are the first to support some new technology.