When do the next generation GPUs drop?

Damn. How did you get that taped up so fast?

Finally found where to drill the holes.

I wonder how many people read that and have no idea what the hell people are on about. ;-)

Lots of old-timers here though.

First 2070 review is up:

It’s about 15-20% faster than a similarly clocked 1080 at 1440p. It also includes all the fancy new Nvidia tech.

This puts it just under 1080ti performance by about 5%. Could be a decent purchase for $550.

If anything it really puts the 2080 in a bad light as its near $300 more and only 10-12% better. :|

Finally Nvidia comes up with a remotely interesting product! And it indeed is not a binned larger GPU.

Very skeptical it can handle ray-tracing at 1080p, but the new antialiasing stuff should work on it.

LOL HardOCP updated their review.

Update : MSI has contacted us today asking HardOCP to remove this RTX 2070 review, even though MSI had nothing to do with sourcing this review. NVIDIA’s green feathers are apparently flying over this RTX 2070 review being published before its embargo date and time that is has with reviewers that signed its NDA. This is how things turn out when NVIDIA tries to force 5 year blanket NDAs down journalists throats. We chose not to sign NVIDIA’s NDA. Our review is 100% legitimate and we are not going to remove it because NVIDIA is throwing a fit over it being published. The fact of the matter is that NVIDIA changed its entire NDA/Product Embargo structure after we reported on GPP this year. It did this to muzzle stories about NVIDIA in the future, and it is on NVIDIA for tying that to its product reviews. It is sad that MSI is having to deal with the brunt of NVIDIA’s fury over this, and to that, we are sorry that is happening. This review could have easily been over any other AIB’s card, it just so happens that an MSI card was the first one that we could source.

I just went to look at the review and when I tried to go to the second page the whole site went down…

The gist is it’s a nice card, faster than a 1080, although that is a factory overclocked version. They didn’t look at any of the new features like ray tracing.

I don’t know anything about HardOCP but I find myself pleased at this stick it to the man attitude.

They’re expecting that one to be $600. I’m not swayed from my 1070ti plan. I’ll get the next gen xx70 card.

Good for HardOCP. I may have given up and bought an Nvidia card, but they deserve every humiliation the gaming press can possibly heap upon them.

I like HardOCP’s stance too. I am sure they will be punished for it later. I guess I can do 2070 or 2080 at this point, whichever comes down to orbit first.

Yeah, power to those guys here. The enthusiast press is often only press in the loosest sense of the term, largely because they’re so utterly beholden to their chosen industries. These guys found a workable loophole that let them slip through Nvidia’s fingers when they tried to grasp too hard and didn’t break any agreements in the process. Moar, pls, to use the modern internet parlance.

And by modern, I mean like ten years out of date.

HardOCP is the site that ran a critical piece on Nvidia’s Geforce Partner Program earlier this year. Nvidia probably withheld review samples, which is why HardOCP didn’t have to worry about an NDA in the first place.

Another reason why strong-arm tactics are questionable. They are only effective if you have, like, Cosa Nostra-level strong-arm abilities.

I have nothing but contempt for companies that go half as far down this path as Nvidia is doing, according to those Hard OCP articles. Fuck them. Normal NDAs to enforce embargo dates, fine. Blanket bullshit like this? Fuck them.

I for one applaud what Nvidia is doing, and rebellious criminals like HardOCP should be punished. Glory to Nvidia!

Ah, $599 founders now, or $499 for the regular version, at some point in the near future. Expensive!

1070 Ti seems like the deal of 2018.