When do the next generation GPUs drop?

Oh? I must have missed the previous leak.

No it doesn’t make sense. Rebadges are anti-consumer bullshit. They’re never ever OK.

Yeah I’m practically an AMD apologist compared to most of you’s people but AMD has been really shitty with the rebadges lately

Looking at a 1080Ti for my VR rig, but wondering if Vega’s looking to be competitive enough that Nvidia will drop prices on the Ti when Vega ships.

I don’t know, but geez, is a 1080ti even going to be enough?! I just got this when running the SteamVR performance test.

My poor 1080 can’t even render low-quality VR, according to Valve! ;)

Pretty sure you went beyond Ready :) Say you got 11000 points and it only goes from 0-9999 :-)

That is so strange. When I first got this laptop I ran the test and got ready. Just for the hell of it I just ran it again. Same as you. My 1070 needs to be upgraded? Bullshit. I’m going to go out on a limb here and say Steam fucked up.

I did just have the Creators Update for Win10 shoved down my throat, so it may be some fuckery related to that as well. Visually, the performance test was smooth as glass, so I think some metric that the SteamVR test is reading is no longer providing accurate data.

This page says I’m ready

Also downloading VRMark from FutureMark.

When I got my 1080ti, the Oculus client itself was warning me my specs were too low… ;)

I’m thinking of asking about this on the Vive forum page. First I wait for the damn download to finish.

I wouldn’t sweat it.

Vive:
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce® GTX 970, AMD Radeon™ R9 290 equivalent or better
CPU: Intel® i5-4590, AMD FX 8350 equivalent or better
RAM: 4 GB or more

Rift:
GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1050Ti / AMD Radeon RX 470or greater, or NVIDIA GTX 960 / AMD Radeon R9 290 or greater
CPU: Intel i3-6100 / AMD FX4350 or greater
Memory: 8GB+ RAM

(but really you’ll want a 1080ti or greater) ;)

Saving for a GTX 2010 right now.

Edit: VRMark warns that you should disable G-sync or your score might suffer. Interesting.

I do have a gsync monitor, wonder if that threw off the STEAMVR results!

And so. With G-sync, 3040 score. Fail. With G-sync off, 5659. Pass! Better than 32% of all scores. Trying SteamVR again.

Edit: And BINGO! VR Ready on Steam VR. G-sync is the problem.

In the VRMark test it was the difference between ~74 fps and ~135 fps. How about that @KevinC?

Odd, I have a G-sync monitor and don’t notice any adverse performance in VR games. I wonder if this is just a non-HMD benchmark thing?

I’m not sure that it’s the monitor so much as the setting in the Nvidia control panel.

Well I always have mine enabled, on both full screen and windowed.

Actually I just noticed, running the Oculus client turns it off (red GSync light goes out).

Ninja edit. Nevermind. :)

Getting Closer

How big a deal will those be for notebooks and how quickly will products ship with them?