When do the next generation GPUs drop?

That depends on whether you count discarded engineering samples as “product”. When I was there I rescued a GTX 690 and a couple of 780s out of the bin, but all of them had random BIOS quirks, reduced clockspeeds, and died completely after a few months of use. Oh, also a SHIELD portable whose screen started displaying upside down after a while. My team did all get NIB SHIELD tablets and consoles, but that was specifically because we had to be able to support them, not a companywide thing.

Yeah, i figure would get engineering samples just to get work done. Would be nice to be able to buy a ga product at msrp though. Looking for people to harden their Linux kernel GPU drivers.

Bitcoin, Etherium and others have been talking about moving to proof of stake for well over a year now, and nothing has happened. Part of the initial huge run up on crypto prices in 2017 was the “threat” of moving to proof of stake. Then people started jumping in just to make money when coin prices got ridiculous, and now I firmly believe they will stay proof of work as long as they can because it keeps the prices of cryptocurrencies inflated.

As gamers, we’re basically screwed until the higher priced cryptocurrencies are mined out.

Seems like GPU manufacturers should be hiring more elves for the factory.

I don’t think that is the bottleneck. It sounds like the biggest issue at the moment is memory being prioritized to other manufacturers that are paying a premium for it.

Elves to the memory factory!

That was probably my favorite album of the early 2000’s.

This contradicts the rumors reported upthread. Guess we’ll have to wait and see what happens at GTC.

They’re selling all the 10XX cards they can make and AMD is not competing. There’s no rush.

nVidia has stock! At MSRP. But not the 1080ti. :-/

Edit - nope, all gone in less than an hour.

https://www.nvidia.com/en-us/geforce/products/10series/geforce-store/

I just looked and the only thing in stock is the Titan V. Everything else said Notify Me.

This Titan is actually cheaper…

Well, the 1070ti is still in stock for… Nan dollars…?

Looks like someone saved the cost as a string to the database including the “$”

It means you have to sell your grandmother to afford it.

Yours was better.

Sold. Can I still get a card if my grandmother is, uh, very refurbished?

Pretty sure that is the creepiest thing I’ve seen on the internet all week,

It’s back.

Everything else is gone. Why no love for the 1070 Ti?