When will Ann Coulter go too far?

OK, the latest scandal is that she called Edwards a “faggot”. Actually, she said something like : “I would talk about the other Democratic candidate [meaning Edwards] but apparently you now have to go to rehab if you say the word ‘faggot’ so I better just leave it alone.”

The gay community is upset, obviously.

But this is the same woman who said she wished McVeigh had blown up the NYTimes.

Will there ever be a point when she is finally called on this shit? Will there ever be a time when people will just have to stop supporting her because associating with her will be political suicide?

No, because she is “ballsy” and “real”.

What will ruin Coulter is when she ‘cracks’. Which by the sound of things, is not that far off.

And by ‘crack’ i mean of course, come out.

No, because bigoted and cowardly Republicans – which is not all of them but a significant number of them – think she is “ballsy” and “real” and a “truthteller”.

Ah, but in this case she was on C-Span and introduced as part of the conservative party (it was CPAC), to roars from people who presumably are major politicians:

http://www.mediainfo.com/eandp/news/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1003553226

I don’t think she could possibly go too far. Her audience is the extreme right wing of the already pretty right wing Republican party. They’re as crazy as she is.

I get that, and so I know there will always be a market for her. She can make money. What I mean is when will the Republican party have to condemn her, for political reasons?

Never. She doesn’t work for them (officially). She doesn’t speak for them. They don’t get smeared with her craziness, they just reap the benefit when she riles their base for them. It’s all upside.

When she comes out.

Hearing what they want to hear from an anti-progressive attack dog of a woman is exactly what they want (women can be conservative too!). Hearing it from a hypocritical self-hating lesbian woman is not.

Of course, she can parley that into a reverse-course career with the liberal establishment when it comes time to “retire”, as a sort of Michael Behe of Women’s Issues. It won’t be as bright or profitable, but it will keep her utility bills paid.

Honestly though, at this point it think she’s already riding on inertia. Whatever you see on TV, most people i know whom are conservatives don’t really pay much attention to her. The “outing” is near the surface already. Her career is more institutional, and she’s playing the conservative networks, organizations, and talking heads more than the public at this point.

I’m pretty sure that every Republican candidate except for McCain was present. At least a few of them are going to get caught laughing in the audience.

Isn’t it about time for her to shave her hair off and go into rehab so she can learn how to be human?

I still refuse to believe Ann Coulter was born a woman until someone can find a high school yearbook picture of her.

Not that tall an order, as it turns out.

I never really looked before the Edwards comment, but she really does have an adam’s apple. Thanks, ifuckedanncoulterintheasshard.blogspot.com!

Henry Rollins views on the situation:

“Not that there’s anything wrong with that.”

-Amanpour

And yet, that particular photo doesn’t slam the door.

Yawn. The tranny looking wacko with the sharp knees and anger issues is merely pointing out the insanity that is political correctness over that tv actor’s “fag” comment. Oh noes, someone used a slur!

Apparently.

G.O.P Candidates Criticize Slur by Conservative Author

I’m a pretty solid Coulter hater, but even I wouldn’t get all that in an uproar about this one.

In fact, I think this line is pretty funny:

C’mon, it was a joke. I would never insult gays by suggesting that they are like John Edwards. That would be mean.

Beautifully done!

But seriously, why Edwards? Is he really that serious of a contender that the G.O.P. needs to unleash the hounds on him? I’d think they’d be more concerned about Obama. When I was visiting the US, it was all ObamaObamaObamma with a little bit of Hillary. But it might have changed since, I suppose.