Where art thou dynamic campaigns?

So I hear. One day I’ll play it.

Does Pandemic Legacy count?

Haha, glad I could help! :-)

Wings Over Flanders Fields has a dynamic campaign much like Red Baron 2. I really need to get back to try it again now that I have a much better computer. Such a good game. Wish they could do it again with a newer game engine.

WOFF

Man how could I forget about WOFF. It has, like, the best dynamic campaign for any flight sim ever.

Holy crap I didn’t realize that they released with WW2 one. Have to check if it’s any good.

http://www.wingsoverthereich.com/details.htm

That’ll be the first game I buy once I get a new rig next month.

y’all really should give the newish il2 titles a go, their career modes are pretty cool nowadays. also VR, flightsims do really well in VR.

I did buy Stalingrad on sale recently. I’ll give it a whirl on the new rig, but honestly WOFF has spoiled me greatly.

What are the newish IL2 you’re referring to? There have been so many, I’m not sure newish for you is newish for me (ie. is not pixel art lol).

These ones:

Stalingrad, Moscow, Kuban, Bodenplatte

Whoa, have not kept up with their stuff for a lot longer than I realized.

That same download will also contain the new ww1 title, flying circus. I own almost all of that stuff, and blasting fokker dr1 triplanes in a late model spitfire never gets old.

Also been playing a lot of the career mode. It’s cool. There’s a newspaper once in a while and the situation re logistics and manpower is pretty fucking desperate in 41 for the soviets.

Il 2 is also kinda gamer friendly. Turn off take offs & landings turn on simplified flight models and you are close(ish) to micropose levels of fun.

They still have lots of silly arcane keyboard commands for things nobody cares about but it is playable as a fun dynamic game. Its not DCS world in other words (which is fun but really more of a flight sim rather than a flight game if that makes any sense).

also il2 has the best vr in the bussiness. scale and contrast just work in these titles. It is the one thing that makes owning an oculus and hotas worth it imo.

[place reserved for link to post i wrote after flying a scripted campaign mission in this sim]

Because of this thread I reinstalled WOFF. Hadn’t played it since I got my new computer. I can now pretty much max every setting and turn on vsynch. It’s freaking awesome. I stopped playing on my old computer as I had major issues with stuttering that I could never resolve. Did 5 campaign missions so far as a French dude.

In the second mission I got myself into a horrible position with an enemy fighter. Just when I finally got into a good position in flies from out of nowhere my teammate who wipes him out in a second. He then led my lame ass back home.

Who was this? None other than Georges Guynemer one of the most famous French aces of WW1. What a fantastic immersive sim that game is.

Fan freaking tastic.