Where's Armando?

It’s indeed as unpleasant a surgery I can think of, but oh boy, for having had to cope with my own problem that caused the same sort of problems you are experiencing in that area Armando, you are going to be so incredibly relieved when it’s all done, that I only have pleasant thoughts rushing through my mind thinking of your future relief. Best of best for when it happens!

You’re a freaking warrior Jeff. I’ll say it again and again, I think you are an inspiration for a bunch of us, and I like to think many of the peeps around here think of you when they need to gather courage and relativize some of the pain they have to go through. I know I did.

I think this is the first time clicking to see a spoiler brought me pain. :D

In more ways than one.

Sounds…unpleasant to say the least. I assume a balloon catheter won’t do the job or they would tried that first.

You’re a ludicrously good – and tough – human being, jp <3

I go through fits and starts with workouts. It’s never become a habit, unfortunately. It seems so easy to climb up onto the recumbent bike while I’m vegging out watching 10 eps of Steven Universe in a row, and yet, somehow, I never seem to.

I do have a weekly walk now, though, with a friend. Well, until I can’t exercise for awhile cuz of the surgery, heh. But that’ll pass.

Trust me, I am extremely looking forward to the 1-month-out-from-final-surgery date VERY much plus plus. God, that is going to be good.

I mean I did hide it!

Yeah, unfortunately, the scar tissue basically has no natural elasticity, and in fact, overly irritating the surrounding tissue by forcing it to warp around the scarred area can actually make more scar tissue form. They do recommend dilation style therapy for cases less severe than mine, but even then, it only has about a 50/50 success rate

Could I be a task mistress and urge something more frequent, like every other day? I only ask, because if I only did once a week I’d still be in a wheelchair totally deconditioned. Every other day is what got me to where I am, and though tough I’m so glad I’m doing it. I just want the same for you. I wish I could come take walks with you. Well, I guess it be more like advanced hobbling - but you know lol.

@ArmandoPenblade i hope you are well rested for your upcoming surgery. We need you to shit on many a grave.

Yeah, keep those channels cleared and clean - you have much work in front of you in the future.

Oof. I do appreciate you sharing that. Was the original issue hypospadias? My little toddler was born with that. He’s undergone two surgeries already, both before the age of two, and that hopefully corrected the problem. His urologist was happy with the outcome. But “hopefully corrected” means that we’re concerned about that for the rest of our lives, and we hadn’t even been thinking about scar tissue buildup. If there’s a bright side for you, at least, not being an infant or toddler, you can visualize a light at the end of the tunnel. You know what’s going on and why. It’s a super shitty situation, but I hope you’ll be able to grit your teeth and look forward to the end of the healing process.

Take care, man. Let us know if you need anything.

Exactly that, yeah. My understanding is that modern medical science is better at correcting the issue (which is something like 1 in 300 odds for kids to have, which is crazy to me!). Moreover, my original surgery was done by whatever yokel doctor they had available in Bumfuck Louisiana in the mid-80s, heh. I suspect your kid will have much, much better luck. Best to him!

And thank you :)

You absolutely can urge. We’ll see how good my brain is at cooperating <3

I promise it’s worth it. Just 30 minutes dedicated and you’re golden. It’ll help with many of the things you’re dealing with. Hugs!

I was so terrified of having cataract surgery that I almost didn’t have it. But it was quick and simple. The result was having 20/20 vision for the first time in my life. So worth it.

I did not expect watching Dave on Hulu would turn out to be so educational.

@jpinard hey Jeff I saw this frog and thought you’d like it. And I figured what better place to post it because surely Armando will enjoy it too.

what a good frog

Hang in there dude, that doesn’t sound fun, but I need you to keep teaching me about cooking.

Please don’t die you’re like the only person in the cooking thread that likes my posts :(

Lol awesome

Just drill a bunch of small holes in it.

That kind of already happened during the scope procedure a few years ago that made the scar tissue issue worse. They punctured my urethra with the scope and didn’t realize it till I went to pee later and had a lovely water balloon effect that has mentally scarred me for life.