Where's the compilation pack for Sim 2?

No way am I paying for 3 seperate $30/35 expansion packs for Sims 2… but I would buy a consolidated exp pack… but surprisingly I see nothing on the horizon that has all 3 expansion packs together. In fact, I don’t even see an entry for 2 of the exp packs together.

Anyone know what’s up with that?

EA’s just not done milking the game at its current rate yet. Damn game’s still $40. I’m waiting for the $20 price-point. Probably Sims 1 is still doing well enough that they think they can get away with it.

By MobyGames’ dates, the first compilation pack for The Sims was The Sims Deluxe Edition, two and a half years after the release of the original. I’d say EA’s got a good year of milking sales to go before you see any shovelwaring.

Hey! Didn’t you read the other thread? EA is providing a valuable product in exchange for a fair amount of money. Either buy it or STFU!

It’s the American way.

Huh? I already have The Sims 2. I’m just not paying “that much” for expansion packs. The only one I really want is Open for Business, but I’ve heard it doesn’t work well without the other add-ons. So I don’t think asking whether they’re making a conslidated exp pack is beyond reasonable.

Please tell me they have sarcasm on your planet jpinard.

This forum has gone to hell in a handbasket since we lost the smilies.

Hehe, it is pretty darn hard to tell. What would it cost Chick to add smilies? Maybe we could have fund-drive or something? <WINK> egads

• Alan

You must not have paid attention to the Sims 1 bundles. That 2.5 years for the Sims Deluxe Edition sounds about right. Except that product only contained the main game and the first expansion. Eventually they got to the first two expansions, then three and four. I think around then is when Sims 2 came out, and sometime after that they finally bundled them all.

I’m not sure if this is directed at me, but I never claimed that Deluxe was an all-inclusive compilation, just that it was the first.

No, it was directed at jpinard. I can’t believe he’s actually surprised that there’s no all-inclusive Sims 2 compilation.