Where's the thread on Extras?

Ok, am I watching it on the wrong channel? My TiVo picks it up Sunday nights on HBO, and last night was the one with the Coldplay guy. Last week was Harry Potter. Everyone else in this thread talks about the most recent US episode and it’s always one I’ve never seen.

I never remember to Tivo it so I’ve been watching it either late Sunday night or Monday night via On Demand. Perhaps they are a week ahead in that regard?

Oh, the horror. I caught the latest episode after Rome. I couldn’t stop watching this terrible train wreck of a show. I think the show within the show would probably more entertaining.

Andy Millman is a loser too. He hangs around losers to make himself feel better. Like the Bowie episode where he goes back to the bar after the swanky club because he’s loved there.

Sticking with the agent that is having a more than detrimental effect on his career has moved from uncomfortably entertaining to gratingly frustrating at times. Still funny though.

So in the final episode he is giving the agent an ultimatum!! Just watch the Ian McKellan show last night. I thought when he was describing to him his method of acting I was going to wet my pants.

Fuck. I wish he would sell out like his character and do hundreds of these.

“How do I know what to say? It’s all written down for me in a script. How do I know where to stand? People tell me.”

Having done a minimal amount of theater/commercial acting, the whole thing just cracks me up. (Not sure if that fact is what is making it funnier for me or not, but I thought I would at least pretend to know what goes into acting as a preface along with this equation: Acting = not hard. Good acting = very hard)

When you think about the literal description of acting and then see Ian playing it so straight as if that is really all he is doing…I cannot help but giggle to myself every time I think about that scene.

“Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian…action…Wizard: YOU SHALL NOT PASS…cut…Sir Ian, Sir Ian, Sir Ian…”

-Tom