Which iPhone X for you?

Hmm, somehow I got totally forced into the AT&T 24 month payment plan (which locks my phone, I think, and that’s another problem when I travel internationally), even though I wanted to buy everything outright. Oh well, whatever, at least I was able to check out after I got my confirmation email at 3:02 AM pacific time:

Shipment 1 Delivers: Fri Nov 3 by Standard Shipping

Ordered a couple user upgrades through the work Verizon account. I didn’t try 'til 7AM EST.
64GB Silver due 11/15. 256GB Silver due 12/1.

Man, I was annoyed last night. Kept getting the check back message on my iPhone and iPad apps for minutes after my friend completed her order.

Finally got through at 12:06 and it was 2-3 weeks, but then I noticed local pick-up was still 11/3. So picked a store and time, it said time was no longer available. Picked same store, later time, app crashed back to ‘check back!’ message. Aaargh! Got back in again and first store was sold out, but was able to secure one at a slightly more distant store.

Hope this thing doesn’t suck. :) Always kind of scary getting first generation of a new Apple design.

Like I said up top, if you don’t like it just resell at a substantial profit and pick up an 8.

I dunno how you got forced into a later delivery date than 11/3 @stusser, if your order went through at 12:08 am… the app came online at around 12:05 am which is when I placed my order.

I got in at 12:06 and they were already saying 2-3 weeks for mail orders. That’s why I shifted to store pickup.

Wow that’s nuts, that means within the first 2 minutes they sold out of launch day then.

I remember choosing store pickup once and Apple made me wait outside the store in a line with the rest of the sheep instead of simply handing over my already-paid-for iPhone. Apple loves lines.

I’ll never select store pickup again.

My order went through at 3:11AM. The site was inaccessible for me until then, on my iphone, ipad, and browser.

That sounds like a quirk or your local store, because both times that I’ve done reserve and pickup they had a separate line for us. A tiny line, basically consisting of people who were there to get it during that time slot.

Same, didn’t have to wait in the line.

I want to switch my order to in store pickup, but that doesn’t seem possible. Get a message I could try chatting with a rep, but I know how that goes, cancel this order and order again.

Don’t mess with it. Don’t wait in lines. Stay up the night of, get your order in as soon as possible, do the best you can there, and when it comes it comes. Anything else is an exercise in extreme frustration.

I don’t blame you for wanting to change it. I hate having to sit around all day wondering when the delivery is going to arrive, afraid to go to the bathroom for fear that I’ll miss it. I do in store pickup whenever it’s an option, choosing a slightly less busy Apple Store that’s located in a mall. It’s a bit further away, but it’s easier to find parking.

No need, Apple provides the “print out and put signed permission to leave the package on the door” form and has for a few years now. Be sure to do it though!

Orders actually were live at 12:01 am for some percentage of customers. A friend of mine IM’d me at 12:03 “Got mine! Got yours?” as I kept looking at the “we’ll be back” screen every time I relaunched the app on my iPhone and my iPad.

So, they sold out in 6 minutes. :) Their yields on these things must be terrible.

It came online for me at 12:01 whereas the the person I was on the phone with was just getting the apple is store is down message, F5, Ctrl-F5, and Shift-F5 not making a difference.

Luck of the draw with the load balancing.

12:03 for me and not a minute sooner. I was definitely terminating and re-loading the app over and over, too, so I would have known if it happened earlier than that.

My Apple Store app started working at :06 but my sister who was trying at the same time couldn’t get through. Got 11/3 for my delivery date.

I am so jealous of rich kids out there :P :P

You won’t be after we’re all complaining about swipping instead of having a physical button, that we miss Touch ID because face recognition fails too often, or how none of our apps were updated and the notch/rounded corners are covering things. I haven’t been this nervous about a phone since I bought my first Droid years ago.