Which MacBook Air, 11" or 13"?

My Gateway netbook is almost 2 years old. The 11-inch is tempting. I’d really like a portable computer where I could edit and view photos. But I’m not too sure about getting a Mac. Luckily Lightroom comes with both windows and mac keys.

13 is excellent. it’s much better, and how could you go wrong with two extra inches

I wonder why they dropped the backlit keyboard on the 13" version? Sure, they need to keep costs down on the 11" model, but the 13" one is the premium laptop, and I’ve been wanting a backlit keyboard. I made the mistake of not getting one when I got my unibody aluminum MacBook, and now I vowed that my next notebook will correct that problem.

The lack of a backlight is weird, yeah. I’ve gotten so used to it on my last few 15" MBPs that it’s annoying to use a keyboard that doesn’t light up.

No backlit keyboard builds character. Steve took it out so that you guys would learn how to type.

I grabbed an 11 shortly after they came off the truck today in Austin. So far so good… I was surprised to read about the lack of backlight but decided it wasn’t a deal-killer. You can get both hard drive sizes in the store right now but not the 4GB or CPU options (at least where I was).

Ah, Jobs… you could sell snow cones to eskimos.

You guys are funny. The category is ultraportable, it’s not new, and $1k is on the low end of the spectrum of currently-available products. These models are an interesting combination of size/weight/thickness, GPU, CPU, and price compared to their peers. They’re better in some areas and worse in others, but it’s a set of tradeoffs that are at least understandable, and fit a somewhat different set of needs than what’s out there now.

Hey, I’m a big mac-head and lusted after the Sony ultraportable (almost imported them from Japan via dynamism too) SZ series so I didn’t post the funny pic as a detractor. :P

Those Sony models (and some Toshiba’s and Panasonic’s) have had me drooling for awhile :) dynamism rocks.

Ya, I understand… It’s another option, and more options are always good.