Which Mobo?

OK, time for HW recommendation thread #2204. My old rig is getting a little long in the tooth, and it’s the whole CPU/Mobo/RAM trinity that is in most urgent need of an upgrade. I’m thinking an e8400 and a 2GB DIMM, leaving the option to add a second DIMM of the same size later. I might even grab a Radeon 4850 since they’re so cheap. I’m running at 1280x1024, with no desire to increase that, and staying with XP until it’s pried from my cold, dead fingers, so this should be enough.

Problem is, I have no idea what sort of motherboard to get. I’m after a fairly decent one, but I don’t want to pay a lot.

I’m never going to use SLI. I’m willing to abandon PATA if it gets me a better motherboard for my cash. I don’t really care about RAID. I do want a Gigabit NIC, and at least 4 SATAII slots, natch. I can’t think of anything else that I need in a motherboard, but I’ve probably forgotten some so I’m open to suggestions. I’m also somewhat limited in what I can get here in the antipodes - P35 boards seem hard to find, so I don’t know I can get that Gigabyte board that a lot of people have been recommending.