Which old games do you constantly revisit?

Jagged Alliance 2, patched up. I seem to play this once a year, although I usually quit around the time rocket rifles start to make an appearance.

Fallout 1&2. What usually happens is that I’ll finish off Fallout and load up Fallout 2 only to burn out somewhere around Modoc.

The Combat Missions, usually Beyond Overlord. I go through a phase every once in a while where I’ll spend a week or two setting up and playing a bunch of battles with varying numbers of troops.

Does WoW count? Nowadays, I only log on when my girlfriend wants to play and we’ll run an instance or two maybe once or twice a month. She says she wants to play more and plans to after all the work she’s got to do for Dragon*Con is over.

Noticed an earlier poster mentioned Startopia. I love this game and will be adding it to the rotation!

Steel Panthers (multiple versions)

Quake - Whenever I fire this up on Nightmare, it reminds me that I once thought it was too easy. Shooters have really evolved.

Pirates!
World of Warcraft, but I think the last time might have been the last time.

X-Com - Nothing yet matches it in terms of the interplay between strategic and tactical gameplay. I wish someone would just reskin the thing with modern graphics.

Darklands - I wonder how many remember this rpg? Great little game that stands out in character development and freedom to set your own path in the world.

Civ 4
Baldurs Gate 1&2
Diablo 2
Oblivion
Fantasy General
Buzz Aldrin’s Race Into Space

Magic & Mayhem is still crazy fun.

Planetside, I think theres nothing like it.
APB, again, same reason.

I also played more than 6 years (or something like that) Quake and Morrowind.

With Quake was programing… … Visual Studio 6 -> DM6 -> Visual Studio 6 -> DM6 -> Visual Studio 6 -> DM6 -> Visual Studio 6 -> DM6 -> Visual Studio 6 -> DM6 -> Visual Studio 6 -> DM6 -> Visual Studio 6 -> DM6 -> Visual Studio 6 … This, during 6 years.

The Morrowind thing, was pure completionist, and just “living” there.

Freespace 2 once a year. Heroes of Might and Magic III and some form of Panzer General are always around ready to eat an entire evening.

I play Civ4 but I don’t classify that as really old.

MissionForce Cyberstorm. Best giant robot game ever, and looks surprisingly decent on a modern system considering its age. Could almost pass as a modern low budget game it fakes 3d so well.

Civ IV colonization. Addictive game, I just really enjoy getting filthy rich with European money and then buying the nicest colony and army known to, er, me.

Master of Orion 2. I probably don’t need to explain why on this one.

Loved Darklands, and tried to replay it a few times. I still own my original boxed copy, but that ceased to run under Windows a long time ago. Is there a version out there that will run in Windows 7 somehow?

I own that original box as well and had a lot of fun with it and the followup (Art of Magic?). Now that you’ve brought it up I may have to crack the box open again and give it another whirl. =)

Alpha Centari

I’d still play Tie Fighter, if I could.

I don’t replay games much anymore, but I have come back to the original Prince of Persia from time to time. I’ve bought the remake on Xbox, and I was even contemplating purchasing it for my PS3 as well

Diablo 2 every couple years. Always enjoy the crap out of it, single player only. I think something is wrong with me.

Then BG1&2. I am also a sucker for JA2 and X-COM when ever somebody mentions it. Never beat either but probably but in a hundred+ hours each.

I really need to get back to Temple of Elemental Evil. The campaign is almost non-existent but the combat is sublime.

Hell yes. Never gone back to it, but I was absorbed for weeks with this one.

You can. Get the CDROM version or newer, it looks great.

King of Dragon Pass. That game just never gets old.

Deus Ex - I’ve finished this three times and I’m sure I’ll play it several more times.

Quake II - I have inexplicable love for the single-player campaign. Again 3 times.

Jedi Knight - 3 times

Mass Effect - 3 times. I’ve played ME2 twice already.

There’s lots of other games I’ve finished twice and will probably play a third time like System Shock 2 and Alpha Protocol.

Final Fantasy XII - It takes me over 100 hours to beat each time I play. I have beaten it once per year since it came out, every early fall. I’m already getting the itch.

Skies of Arcadia - We play this most every summer. I say “we” because last year, my wife played it (her first JRPG!) and proceeded to do everything in the game, including beat all of the bonus bosses, something I never did. Skies of Arcadia goes on the list next to ActRaiser and Legend of Zelda: Link To The Past on the list of Games Meghan Kicks My Ass At.

Final Fantasy Tactics - There’s something just comforting about playing a tactical RPG, so I usually am.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles IV: Turtles In Time. Best half-hour video game ever!

I used to go back and play a group of titles pretty regularly but in recent years thats largely stopped. In part thats because I always seem to have enough of a backlog that its hard to justify a replay. But I start playing a lot of games and then just move on, and that includes old as well as newer titles. So in some ways I’m still playing them, but almost never to anything close to completion.

Arcanum and Panzer General.

I would say Diablo 2 and Titan Quest, however I am quite sure I have FINALLY played those two into the ground. I can’t envision playing either of them ever again. Once D3 comes out I am sure I could throw the physical disks out (I won’t), and not regret it.