Which password manager do you use?

Yeah, +1. @habibi

I get this all the time and use the text file just like you describe to work around it.

Trying to use my banking app in iOS (or even other apps) and it seems there’s still no good integration with LastPass. I need to multitask out and launch LastPass and copy and multitask back in and Paste. When will we see seamless integration?

When Apple doesn’t silo every-fucking-thing from everything else.
Alternatively, when you switch to Android. :P

(It’s not as good on Android as it is on Windows, either, honestly, but they’ve set it up in ways that lets it automatically pop up and offer autofill prompts in other apps.)

It seems the iOS app allows iCloud Keychain password though.

Yes, that was added recently. If you save a login in Safari, you can bring it up in apps from the same site.

Apple’s own stuff generally works fine, but their integration with third-parties is terrible.

Not sure exactly what you’re describing, but I use the autotype feature in KeyPass all the time. I put my cursor in the username field, switch over to KeyPass, highlight the entry in the listing, press Ctrl+V, and it types it into the fields (and submits) automatically.

It’s not perfect… it requires the password field be immediately after username in the tabindex (which it should always be anyway), but it works for me 98% of the time. There’s a way you can autotype just the password as well, but in however many years I’ve been using KeyPass I’ve gotten used to just double-clicking the password field in the KeyPass listing which is the shortcut for copying it to the clipboard (for a short time, KeyPass automatically overwrites the clipboard after a few seconds).

Oh, wow. That sounds cool. Thanks so much. I’ve been meaning to explore keepass, but haven’t gotten around to it yet, so I’m just dragging and dropping my password and usernames. I’m going to try this next week when I go back to work! It will be so helpful, especially when I’m on my laptop and don’t have a mouse handy.

I’m new to actually doing things on my phone, like banking. I’ve always used my computer so I didn’t need many passwords when using my phone. It looks like people like LastPass here. Is that what people would recommend on an Android phone when I am starting from square one? It sounds like there is a free version that handles password management well enough. Do they use ads to make money?

I’ve got so many passwords that I have stored on my computer. I guess I need to enter them into a password manager one by one.

Thanks for any help.

That is definitely what I use. No ads. They theoretically make money via subscription but it’s unclear why most people would subscribe given the fact that all the main features are free.

Also, if you have your passwords stored in a browser password manager currently (don’t do this!) LastPass can import them.

They also have Enterprise plans, I guess a few businesses use them. I know the place I work does.

I really wish mine would. They’ve completely forbidden any sort of password manager instead, while simultaneously having highly unreasonable expectations around password generation.

Do you feel comfortable putting banking passwords in it, or just just less important ones?

Everything.

Our company also adopted it.

I forgot that Norton Security comes with Norton Identity Safe (which I have), which can be used on both PC and mobile. Worth using, or is LastPass still the way to go? At first I thought Last Pass free could be used on only 1 platform, but it looks like they changed that and can now be used on multiple platforms for free.

Oh definitely use Lastpass over that miserable garbage.

OK, Lastpass it is. looks like I have some passwords to enter.

Just use your browser normally, and enter your passwords as you go to websites. It’ll pick up everything you actually care about naturally that way.

On a Mac/iOS, is the Keychain on iCloud bad? While I use LastPass, I often find myself wishing I’ve used iCloud Keychain when I’m on mobile and it’s just so inconvenient to search LastPass for passwords.

No, it’s fine. But it only works on Apple hardware on Safari and has a bunch of other problems, some of which are actually being fixed in iOS 12/Mojave.