Which password manager do you use?

Thanks for confirming. I also see no harm in keeping the password in two areas: Lastpass and iCloud if it improves the quality of life. The iCloud is particularly useful inside apps when they asked for password and Lastpass doesn’t work there.

They’re saying that the next iOS is adding a password manager API that will allow 3rd party tools, a la 1Password or LastPass, a much cleaner and more pervasive experience on iPhone/iPad.

Yeah, that’s one of the main things that’s being fixed in iOS12.

I also use both, I keep frequently used sites in iCloud so I don’t need to constantly unlock Lastpass and go through the share extension.

I’m a LastPass user myself, but wanted to point out that 1Password integrates haveibeenpwned.com into their password management.

Dunno if other managers do; heck, don’t even know if LastPass does! LastPass uses pwnedlist.com. So now I know that!

Latest version of 1Password includes a variety of checks. Really liking it.

Awesome I"m locked out of my secondary lastpass account.

My phone died last weekend (ocean wave ate it) so I lost google auth. Lastpass keeps saying that I successfully disabled Google Auth yet it still keeps asking me for it.

Actually weird. So when I tied email X into my corporate email Y(so I could access my personal passwords while under corporate LP account Y) it made it so I had to have multifactor disabled on Y for me to log into account X. Which is retarded…

I’m using this a LOT since you pointed it out. Thanks man. Such a better way to go for most forms.

Is Google Smart Lock for passwords not safe?

A year or so ago Google found weaknesses with LastPass (That LAstPass then fixed). It seems like Google knows security.

What is the disadvantage to using Google Smart Lock for passwords if I only use Chrome and Android devices?

I started trying out LassPass, and it seems good, but if Google Smart Lock is safe, then that is even easier for me since I’ve been using it up until now.

Thanks

I think the Google solution is good enough for the average user, if you’re only using Google. I guess it’d be ok on Apple too if you use Chrome there.

I think the downside is some of the convenience options like secure notes, family sharing, and generating secure passwords - though I think it does even have that generation feature buried in the options somewhere that you can enable. (edit: looks like it’s on by default these days)

Security researcher has found 111 million email addresses and passwords on the dark web. No idea of the sites that were compromised.

I got the alert from haveibeenpwned

Warning to anyone who links their personal lastpass to your company’s lastpass account. You can very well lock yourself out of your personal account!!!

By default, business lastpass organizations have a policy enabled called Use Enterprise MFA for Linked Personal Account. What this means is that if you link a personal account to your company account, and your company account has mfa while your personal account doesn’t (which can happen by accident via resetting mfa on both), then logging into your personal account requires you to enter your enterprise MFA.

What this means is that if you try to log into your personal account and can’t enter your enterprise MFA anymore (lost your phone or something), and you click on the link to disable MFA, your disable request email is sent to your company email, not your personal email. So if you do not have access to your company email anymore (like if you left the company) then you will be shit out of luck, and won’t be able to access your personal last pass account anymore.

Rumors are flying that Apple is about to acquire 1Password. If so, seems likely they will kill the non-Apple versions and integrate it into MacOS/iOS for free.

FWIW:

I really hope Apple doesn’t acquire them for exactly the reason you mentioned: I’d hate to lose the Windows version.

I hope they’re just working on some kind of close partnership that lets them keep supporting other platforms.

I don’t trust the british spelling of rumors. They’re up to something!

Wintelxit

Nice rumors to use to destroy competition.

@stusser, not at you as you are just passing us helpful info. But I wont be suprised if rumors came out as part of using social media to destroy 1Password.

Just knowing that they may be acquired will put a huge damper to people using them.

Not if you’re in the Apple ecosystem. I wouldn’t attribute malice to it, just got the wrong message.

Is it possible to have Apple keychain work on Chrome/Edge Windows machines?

Nope. You can get a Chrome extension to sync Chrome bookmarks with Safari is it. I rely on a manual Lastpass process instead.

75% off ($6) LastPass premium sub @ Humble: