Which password manager do you use?

Thanks! I don’t suppose you can buy 3 years kinda thing?

No, looks like a 12 month sub. September redeem date stops you using multiple of them. :)

Ha ha … that sucks. Was hoping to buy 5 times from Humble just so I could have peace of mind for the next 5 years … oh well !

Some post in slick deals.net mentioned that it stacked and so I went ahead and buy another one and sure enough, I have Premium for two years :)

That’s a really good deal ! $12 for 2 years which is like 50 cent a month!

Yeah, except there’s no real reason to pay for it at all these days.

True enough, but people here were saying they were happy to support it at the old prices. :)

If you mean single user, yeah. The group stuff might be worth looking into if you have need for that.

Yep true enough, if you think that’s worth paying for.

I have been mulling getting something for a while as I have way too many passwords that are the same or very similar. Never used a manager before.

Is the family option for Lastpass good if I want to also have some sort of access or control for my 84 year old extremely non-IT literate mother? Especially when (hopefully) I will be overseas for a period of time in the future?

Sure, but for $12/two years, I don’t mind throwing some fund to keep them afloat or something.

Hey guys, what’s up with Lastpass just in the last week opening a new tab every time I restore the previous Firefox session and prompting me to log in again? Even if I don’t restore the previous session it’s doing it.

Why is that, @stusser?

LastPass gives it all away for free, except as noted, shared vaults.

I’ve been getting this today as well, not just with restoring a session but opening firefox brand new.

It’s a bug, just update to fix it.

I thought mobile functionality was paid only? Used to be that way, anyway.

And by a bug, you mean a bug in FF?

It was. It isn’t anymore.

Well crap, why am I still paying?

Exactly.

Yes. That is the point.

No, it’s a bug in the lastpass firefox addon. And while they fixed the “hey you’re a new user, check out this webpage” bug in the update, it still opens the password vault even if you have that disabled. If it wasn’t free, I would be complaining about the quality of their product. But it is, so… I guess I’m complaining anyway.