Which tablet to get?

I recently bought a Nvidia Shield K1 tablet and I love it. Follow the link to check it out and it’s only $200.

https://www2.nvidia.com/en-us/shield/tablet/

I’ve had the Asus Zenpad for a year and a half now and it’s been working great. Bought a screen protector, fortunately, which saved me some nasty scratches/cracks from the inevitable drops. Works great for the comic reading and basic games.

Now I have a different need…the refugee center where I volunteer needs a tablet that will be used as a control for Google’s Family Link. Or a phone, I suppose, but tablet would be easier to use. We have a bunch of Chromebooks, but they can only be “child” accounts. For whatever reason, Google requires that you use a mobile device as the “parent” account.

So I either need a basic tablet for the center (Android 4.4 or higher) or a new one for myself (and donate my old one to the center). My question to the hivemind: are there exceptional deals I should be looking at for either option? Either something cheap but reliable for the center, or a tablet that would be an upgrade on the Asus at a reasonable price for myself.