Which type of mouse grip do you use?

• Palm grip
  • Claw grip
  • Tip grip

0 voters

I am a claw man myself, as I found when trying to migrate away from my beloved Logitech G9X. Any mouse that wasn’t claw grip friendly was a disaster for me.

No Kung Fu grip?

Always blows my mind how palm grip seems to be the most common. I’m tip grip myself and the thought of my palm touching the mouse and being able to press buttons at the same time just does not compute. I’m trying it now and I think I can feel RSI setting in already.

Just the tip, geggis. just the tip

The palm lets you move the mouse with your whole arm though, so less RSI. When I do tip grip I move the mouse by moving my fingers, not my whole arm, so I get more RSI.

I still use my arm and wrist with tip grip. It’s not all fingers!

Those three all look the same to me, or at least, I switch fluildly between them depending on where the mouse is.

I have large hands so I don’t know how I could ever have part of the palm touching the mouse… seems oogy!

Same here. The other two grips don’t accommodate long fingers very well.

Yeah if I palm my mouse then I have to claw my fingers right in to click and that’s just… not happening. Actually, I think claw grip is palming for larger hands.

Not really any? I guess closest to tip grip, but the pad at the base of my fingers does touch the mouse, but I’m not even close to claw. That just looks uncomfortable.

I use the handshake grip. I have for years after I started getting wrist pain during long WoW play sessions. Verticle mouses from Evoluent and now Anker have cleared that right up.

https://www.amazon.com/Anker-Ergonomic-Optical-Vertical-Buttons/dp/B00FPAVUHC

The Anker vertical is fantastic. I bought one off of a recommendation here last time it was mentioned, and haven’t regretted it for a second.

Tip Grip for me, though my hands are big enough I’m not sure palm grip is really an option. Though I’ve done all three and don’t really have a preference - as long as my elbows or most of my forearm can rest on the surface, I can get used to any keyboard/mouse (historically speaking, may not actually be true).

I really wanted to like the Anker ergonomic mouse but 1) the buttons feel too mushy and hard to press for my tastes (compared to say, the MX Master mouse I currently use), and 2) I kept knocking it off my desk when reaching for it. My muscle memory couldn’t adjust to a tall mouse.

Tip 4 lyfe, though it does exacerbate the RSI.

Best ergo mouse I ever used, much better than the fully​vertical Evoluent I tried, was actually the three quarter angle unit from the previous MS Ergo set. Really liked that, but they cocked something up in the firmware or the receiver or something in the last set of that I had so I had to RMA it.

Trackball.

*sh1t bon3rz grip

That mousepad looks so little.

A cautionary tale - don’t look at the picture in an Amazon mouse pad order and assume it’s one size (like, say, a normal size) or you may open the packaging and find this beast.

Thankfully I was able to put it entirely under the secondary display and right speaker and still have plenty of room to use it.

It’s actually an amazing mouse pad, and I highly recommend the cloth-steel series mouse pads. Best, most pleasant mousepad I’ve ever had the fortune to use. Just make sure you are looking at the dimensions when you order it!