Which type of mouse grip do you use?

Logitech G502 FTW.

That’s what I’ve been using… i like it, but I never use the auxiliary buttons they’re in kinda weird positions for attack claw style…

Tried the 502, it was just a bit long for my grip such that some of the forward side buttons were not overly comfy to use. This was coming from a Naga Chroma, in search of a mouse with a flawless sensor. Nice, other than it just wasn’t for me.

Then I tried a Steelseries Rival 500, with similar results.

Finally switched to a Corsair Scimitar Pro, which has been not too bad, aside from the disliking the feel of the mechanical side switches and average software.

But all my problems will be solved once the Elecom Dux monstrosity gets here from Amazon:

Ugly fucker, lol! But I couldn’t resist in my quest to find the perfect gaming mouse for me.

Last cab off the ranks if the Elecom sucks will be this one from Havit.

The bonus of these Chinese brands is them being nice and cheap, though I guess their software might upload all my pron to some Chinese government server somewhere…

OH EM GEE 🤢

Also @RichVR the G502 is a nice mouse but it is a bit bulky. I was able to tolerate it with my claw hand, which is a moderate recommendation from me, but overall I like smaller mice.

Those gaming mouses have always been inducing pain in me, just by looking at them. They seem like they are some Hellraiser devices, praying on fingers and waiting to tear pieces of their flesh apart. Brrr!

That Elecom thing is definitely…something. All I can think of:

Can’t tell if the Elecom is a mouse or the Jumper Batmobile.

The G502 (my son uses one) and the G500 (my old and much less cool mouse in comparison) are definitely for the “palm grip” folks. The G502 originally struck me as very close to the crazy style in the last few pictures, but in use feels quite nice. In fact, I find the button placement on the G502 much better than my G500 - the side buttons never get any use because all but the most forward one are completely out of place for my hand.

I use an Evoluent vertical mouse at work, but a regular Logitech wireless laser mouse at home.

Yeah, the modern angular edgy mouse design doesn’t do anything for me. Just comparing the G502 & G500, I don’t understand what was wrong with the old shape!

Personally I’m still happy with my smooth Death Adder!

I am the same. I also love the Razer Scarab mouse pad I have at home.

The G502 oddly doesn’t “feel” like it looks. It is quite well done.

For me it’s a fingertip mouse. Maybe my hands are really large. I suppose that’s possible. But no palm use on my G502, for me.

That had me literally laughing out loud.

It hasn’t arrived yet, so I am unable to definitively confirm either way at this stage… 😁

I liked the G Pro so much I got a second one, in fetching Battlefield 1 colors (light grey and orange, apparently?)

I don’t care for the other Battlefield 1 themed logitech products, but the mouse is quite nice…

I got my Anker mouse, and I have mixed feelings about it.
In its default gripping, the thumb position is too low and the mouse is more painful than a regular mouse, sending numb pain through my forearm. This would be grim, if I didn’t find a much more comfortable, by resting my thumb on the “dpi setting” button - not the most practical, but seems to work :)
I’d want it to actually be more vertical, almost straight, as this Anker mouse felt “diagonal-ish”. From the look of it, the Evoluent mouse could fill the bill, although I am wondering if the thumb might not be a bit too low to my taste? As you seem to have experience with both of them, if you could help me get an appreciation on that aspect, although I am aware my numbing wrist pain might not be your numbing wrist pain!

It’s difficult to say because this kind of thing is so personal. I just found the Evoluent Vertical mouse to feel a lot more natural, like the buttons were placed where my digits rested. The thumb button is what killed the Anker for me. It just didn’t feel right clinging to the ‘ceiling’ of that horrid arch. The Evoluent mouse has the button just to the side of your thumb that’s resting on a comfortable groove. It’s at a good height in relation to where your thumb knuckle is. The button is very delicate too so you don’t need to put much pressure on it to register, and it has a nice deep satisfying click. I think these things help to make it feel effortless to use.

I must say that I only used the Vertical Mouse 2 but I’ve no doubt 3 and 4 are every bit as good. 5 is a bit different to the rest of the line and there has been some criticism leveled at the lack of a scroll button (it’s just a wheel), otherwise it continues to refine the series. I tend to find scroll wheel clicking quite unnatural anyway (almost having to hook my finger to apply pressure to it) but I can see it being quite an egregious loss of functionality for some at the same time.

I know the Vertical Mouse isn’t cheap so I’d recommend having a look at photos/videos of it being used and making a note of what your hand prefers in relation to the Anker and a traditional mouse. I’d also make sure you choose the right size mouse for your hand if you do decide to go for one! There’s the normal size, and a small version.

I had watched videos about the Evoluent mouses, but both those pages “front view” you linked to were much more informative and gave me a really good idea: I must say the position of the fingers (especially the pincer) looks practically identical to the way I am holding my Anker in my somewhat weird current configuration. I am definitely going to order one (I think only the ‘4’ model is available where I live), because I’d rather be sorry on some misplaced money, than missing on the potential to find the one true mouse for my arm.

My fight with the Evoluent mouses was with the finger-side buttons. That lower button rests below my fingers, and it apparently expects me to operate it with my pinky. That’s where the HID driver maps right-click to. I can’t or won’t hit it, so I must remap the mouse to put right-click on the middle button.

Edit: I should also note that I had several hardware reliability issues with Evoluent mouses over the years. One ceased to function after a year, one had a loose piece inside, one had a malformed rubber bit that blocked the buttons until I snipped it away with a pair of scissors. I expect better out of a $100 mouse.