While you're far away, your home gets pounded

So I’m here in Tennesee for the holidays, and my home of Santa Rosa and it’s environs is getting pounded by rain and flooding. I’m going to get home and be annoyed at the rain and everyone else will be covered in mud from setting up sandbags at the river.

At least my car will be dust-free, being as how it’s sat in the airport parking lot for a week.

Word. A friend of mine e-mailed me this morning to ask WTF was going on out here. The most popular story on cnn.com right now is this one which includes pics of some guys using a boat on a freeway here in Sac. Crazy stuff.

Course, I’m actually up the hill about 15 minutes, so no roads washed away yet. I did start blasting Aenima though.

I’m on the outskirts of Santa Rosa, and wasn’t worried, but called the Sonoma County Emergency Hotline anyway, and they’re pretty sure my apartment is still there and that I’ll be able to get there tommorow when I fly back in.

My place of work was trying to move everything from a Healdsburg office down to Santa Rosa though, and I wonder if that’s still going on.

Send some rain over to Texas and break this !@#$ing drought. It’s 78 degrees and its Dec 31st. wtf, god?

Send some rain over to Texas and break this !@#$ing drought. It’s 78 degrees and its Dec 31st. wtf, god?

That’s what you get for living in Hell, Roger.

I always hated Decembers like that in Texas. How can anyone get in the spirit of the holidays while wearing shorts.

Quite a change from last year, isn’t it? It was snowing down in Corpus Christi at Christmas.

Just be grateful it’s not your wife! :)