Whiskey Friday™

Dude, that was the point. I’d never mix Knob Creek with anything but ice.

I’ll overpay at the bar for my whiskey, thank you very much.

Dammit. Might have to make it a Sazerac Friday.

See, now you made me take stock.

I forgot I had the Connemara that Nellie recommended. I think I’ll go with that tonight.

Wow. Even in Pennsylvania, where the state liquor stores are basically DESIGNED to keep you from buying anything interesting, we can get a couple different nice ryes.

Of course, I’m still planning to start taking packing boxes for bottles with me when I fly to CA for work so I can smuggle stuff back that I can’t actually buy here, so I do sympathize.

Wow. Party at Hanzii’s house.

That’s the most masculine looking collection on the girliest tablecloth I’ve ever seen. Does your wife make you drink whisky?

I just discovered that you can theoretically buy Wild Turkey 101 Rye and Sazerac 6yr, I just haven’t seen them in the state-run stores.

Oooh i’ll play.
I’m finishing off this tonight as i’m plowing through my collection at speed before it goes bad.

Excellent collection! How’s the Benrinnes? I’ve never had that.

God I wish I had me a glass right now. I’m moving a German tank column through the Ardennes right now and we haven’t contacted the Americans yet. But I know they’re out there. Tigers to the front! Squads flank on both sides and watch for 'zooks!

I can get by playing a game at work on a dead Friday, but I don’t think I can cross that line and drink here.

Edit: Oops, just saw their flag. I guess I’m against the Canadians. Who knew their flag looked like this during WWII?

The Sazerac 6yr is worth hunting down – it’s almost as good as the fancy Thomas Hardy variety, but much cheaper. Of course, that’s partially because it isn’t cask-strength.

Still, makes a goddamn wonderful manhattan or St. Nick Sour.

Wouldn’t it be best in an actual Sazerac?

Aw, still no love for Bushmills here.

So when and where are we holding the First Annual Quarter to Three Whisky Drunk-Fest and Chogglepants-a-Thon?

Probably, but I still haven’t gotten around to getting any Peychaud’s. I really ought to.

Still, if you like whiskey sours at all, the St. Nick is really worth trying. Very nice.

I think I’ll have some Jack Daniel’s tonight. I like it with a cube or two if ice, and a couple dashes of bitters. If you haven’t tried it that way I recommend it; it’s quite tasty.

Quoted for Truth.

That is my poison as well.

You guys can have your whiskey. Shit just doesn’t work for me. I’ll be over in the corner drinking my potato vodka straight.

Yeah, I fail, I know