Whiskey Friday™

If you ever have a bottle of Lagavulin around that you’re not going to finish, I’d be happy to help you solve that problem.

bah so apparently Highland Park costs ~$50 now, I enjoyed it when it was ~$35… perfect for my palate, a tasty treat.

I just finished my bottle of Lagavulin 16 =(

It went from ‘holy shit that’s disgusting’ to ‘kind of nuanced, maybe not so bad’ to ‘wow I really like this’ over the course of the bottle. My wife wouldn’t let me even drink it in the same room as her so it took awhile to finish.

My go cheap scotch is now Costco’s 18 sherry cask aged. I like it more than most for the price despite predicting a negative outlook when I purchased it.

I get the same thing whenever I decide to bust out the Laphroaig 10 :)

Apparently it makes me smell like an old man…I guess that’s a bad thing (?)

My sister in law commented (shortly after the bottle was opened):
“Honey, is something burning? I smell burning plastic”

“No, we’re just drinking this nice scotch…”

<insert perplexed anime face here>

This giant new liquor store opened up here called Total Wine. They stock the 1.75L of Elijah Craig 12. I had not been able to find it in San Antonio previously. Yay!

Yamazaki Single Malt Sherry Cask 2013 tops Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2015

Picking up a bottle of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof tomorrow.

O_O !!!

This is a very hard bottle to find. I’ve been searching locally for over a month now without luck. I wish this wasn’t the early 19th century and I could order alcohol online to be shipped to me :(

OMG I so want some of this:

From here.

I haven’t thought about Whiskey Friday for a while, which is sad. Good news is that I’m at an anniversary party with an open bar tomorrow… bad news is that you can probably imagine what the whiskey choice is going to be at the open bar.

In better whisky news, I’m slowly working my way through a bottle of this, a birthday gift from early this year:

19 yrs, won some big awards in '13/'14. It’s absolutely good enough to receive the plaudits that it has: super-smooth, but retaining complexity of flavor.

I was drinking the 23 last night at a company dinner, it’s good but vastly overrated.

One of these days I’d like to try it to, but not at the prices it goes for.

Found this list to be good Five Excellent Reasons You Don’t Need Pappy Van Winkle

I want to try it because my brother-in-law who runs two restaurants suggested it to me. So I still want to try it. Pffffffftttttt. ;-)

I had the Pappy Rye (~ 2oz, straight up) , and I thought it was damn good. I’d LOVE a bottle of that. For the time being, I have to satisfy myself with Bulleit, Sazerac 6year, and whistlepig. None of them is nearly as good as the Pappy Rye.

I’ve had that, it’s wonderful stuff. Glenmorangie in general has been our family’s go to stufff: Our father in law loves it, my wife loves it, all her sibs love it.

You absolutely should if you get a chance. I’ve had the Rye, the 15, the 20, the 23 and some special edition something or other. Is it overpriced currently? Absolutely. Is it delicious? Damn skippy.

Absolutely. It is damned good, but not seven times better than 50 dollar premiums at retail, or forty times better on ebay.

This Christmas day also make me Whiskey day. Because i like it.