Who cares about Forza Horizon 2?

I don't presume to, but neither can the reviewer. Choosing a 100% scaling device comes with rules in how to use it. Maybe you haven't been near a school in a while but if you have seen making rubrics, for anything, you would understand that a pass (50%) is achieved with base understanding of material. Anything below a pass indicates fundamental issues with content, structure, our understanding. Anything above 80% is excelling in all applicable areas. For a game (movie, book, album) to review less than 50% it indicates that there are fundamentals of that associated medium missing, whatever that means. Since FH2 is not in any way technically broken it therefore is undeserving of such a low score. The reason it matters is sights like Metacritic that aggregate on the aforementioned principles. It skews the overall heading off the product unfairly. This reviewer, by choosing to review, should be accepting of this (but clearly is not). Opinion is the top 50% (look at IGN review of Alien Isolation) the rest it's technical.

in this case that involves mr.Tom Chick it's not about criticism anymore,i've been following his reviews for quite some time,at first and when he was a GameShark staff i used to respect him thinking that he's just like any other normal critic but with different opinions,but now.....he's reviews are just like those Metacritic users who give games 1/10 without even playing that game.
he's not expressing his feelings,he's humiliating himself with this kind of "reviews" and he's making fun of this industry.
he's seeking attention and he's doing a great job drawing people's attention.
so don't tell me about "Opinions" and "Criticism",cause every sane person including yourself knows about Tom Chick's and what he does.

You misundertand our ratings system. Normally, our ratings policy and FAQ is listed on the bottom of the page, but it seems to have been lost in a recent reformating shuffle. I'll make sure it gets put back.

But to breakdown our ratings system for you, I don't intend for it to have any bearing on a game's objective measure of quality. I'm not a teacher grading a test, and I think that's a horrible model used all too frequently by other reviewers. I am, instead, a writer with a lot of knowledge about the medium articulating my own experience, which is entirely subjective and of no value to anyone who isn't interested in my opinion. So here's how the system works:

Five stars = I love it
Four stars = I really liked it
Three stars = I liked it
Two stars = I didn't like it
One star = I hated it

As you can see, nothing on our ratings scale has any bearing on a game's inherent worth, much less whether it's "broken", or "missing fundamentals", or "a failure".

To give you a bit more insight into why we review this way, I'll refer you to this FAQ:

http://www.quartertothree.com/...

I hope you'll give it a look, as I think it will clarify for you how we're not like a lot of other review sites.

What a fucking douchebag. Go somewhere and die. You contribute nothing to the gaming community with these obvious hater reviews. Hope your mom dies in a fiery car wreck fuckface.

I think you mean subjective, not objective.

you just told someone they should die, and that you hope his mother dies in a car accident because he gave a game 20/100. what the fuck is wrong with you? has your life been so full of suffering and hate that you feel the only course open to you is to spew this bullshit at a complete stranger. when was this ever ok? who the fuck raised you?
the fact that this system of dialogue is largely anonymous doesnt mean we should give up all claims to civility. people struggled a long time to raise this species out of the dust into something more than animals. shame on you, you should be better than this. rethink yourself, sir.

wo wo wo, thats his opinion. all opinions are valid. even if they are completely wrong.

I really don't mind the review. He laid out exactly why he hated the game, and it makes sense. Using his same scale, it would be an easy 5/5 for me. Doesn't mean either of us are wrong.

But he's wrong about scooters not slowing you down. They don't slow you down how they would in real life, but they slow you down a lot, and more than just about any other item in the game. There are some poles that that zap your speed,too.

That's the thing. It is an arcade racer, and the goal is not to mimic real life, but to create a game that does force you to learn what does and doesn't work. I'm pretty sure this game is not going to be the next entry in MLG, and I don't think anyone cares how well TC has raced in any game, ever.

I avoid Forza online, because I suck and I don't want to ruin others games when I knock into them in a turn. But I've had a ridiculous amount of fun driving all kinds of cars with friends, as we bash and speed our way though ridiculous terrain. And that includes playing Tag, King, and Infected.

So basically, If I was recommending games to TC, I'd tell him to avoid FH2. But there are plenty of people that would love the hell out of it.

I'm glad someone called out Really?'s one-sided meandering. I'll type up a bit more exposition later, but the whole "tip" pay out for a good review is a totally trashy and pointless affair. A waitress/waiter doesn't have any third parties when they get a tip for their services from the customers (Which is probably a reason why a good amount of devs have jumped onto Kickstarter/Indiegogo.)

Who's the one arguing on the internet?
Oh damn that sounds like a possibly really dull movie that got a lot of unwarranted praise geez I don't know what it could be.

is driveclub a 2/5, just because the AI can ram you, because mountains, 30 miles away, look a bit empty, and because driveclub is only a racing game, and we can't kill people.
do you think it's fair, to kill such work and passion, where 99.5% of the game is fantastic, and only 0.5% isn't for everyone's taste, and because of that, and because it's a ps4 exclusive game, and there are 11 million ps4 being played out there, VS 5-6 million xbox one, because it's a sony game, press uses it to punish sony's success, by giving those 2/5 scores.
is driveclub a 2/5 game ? shiit, of course not.
but driveclub just became a reason for xbox fans and american press, to revenge those few xbox one low sales, and those lower 720p inferior versions. "let's kill that ps4 exclusive game, let's give it a 2/5".

you know how sony fans and gamers feel, about driveclub?it's a pure injustice.

you don't like this review, and the opinions expressed here ?ok. but is it a 1/5 game? of course not. just like driveclub isn't a 2/5 game.
but strangely, all the press is fine with destroying driveclub. but when an xbox one game gets a score lower than 7/10, it's the end of the world.

Its factually incorrect you do slow down when offroad, there is way less grip

Unless your are in a 4 wheel drive car

Because the age group that predominantly does this is at a stage of development that is strongly driven by group association. Identity is built on being part of a group, whether it is ideological, political, associated with sports, or products like the Playstation or Xbox. There is a reason advertising companies find brand association so effective in young adults and adolescents. Middle-aged adults are more likely to form their identities over career, achievements, family, and a better understanding of self. So-called "fanboys" are identifying through association. It's a developmental stage. It's perfectly normal, but leads to real cognitive dissonance when adults who have nothing invested in this kind of review read these comment sections.

Play the game. This "writer" is a moron. Though I would guess your a moron for going to this site. I gotta take a shower and wash the moron off me. Stupid moron.

Very well put....

All opinions are valid? Next stop...rocket science.

1/5 sounds like a very Biased opinion.

How the F*** did this get approved by Metacritic?

5/5 not Forza

Shit taste is not good taste, unless you're into eating shit then in that case go eat shit.