Who is the most handsome actor who ever lived?

This is my safety sir.

Yes, Tony Leung. He has been in a lot of great Hong Kong movies as well. In the Mood for Love (the movie where that photo came from), Infernal Affairs (remade into The Departed), just to name a few. Though he has been in his fair share of stingers, like The Grandmaster (butchered in the cutting room).

I love how in Hong Kong movies they’ll have the same actor be in In the Mood for Love who gunned down 50 guys in Hardboiled.

And I also posted here, I dare you to say that the Rock post is a troll!

Anyway, I wasn’t referring to myself, and not particularly serious ;)

I only respond to triple dog dares this year.

I know you posted Dwayne Johnson. It was weirdly stretched, so I tried to find a less contorted version of the same pic you used.

Do you know if the (European and/or US) DVD has the original cut? I literally put this on my rental queue earlier today when I realised I’ve barely watched any martial arts films from the last few years apart from the Ip Man series.

He is my wife’s choice and mine as well. I know The Man from U.N.C.L.E. (2015) wasn’t very popular on this board but I loved it, in large part due to his voice. I could listen to him talk all day.

Well maybe not WHO EVER LIVED, christ that’s a high bar to set. But way up there anyways.

My understanding is the US cut is the butchered cut. On first viewing, some of the characters are just “there” and make absolutely no sense. I then searched online and realised there were supposed to be 10-15 mins more.

Not that it would make a whole lot of difference, because it is kind of meh as a martial arts movie, as it is. Maybe that 10-15 mins more would make it a better character drama?

The recent wushu movie I’ve enjoyed is Reign of Assassins (劍雨). Not martial arts per se, but there you go. Tom swears by Lady Bloodfight, for recent martial arts movie, so I may eventually give that a go.

I have seen Lady Bloodfight. Not quite as enamoured with it as Tom, but I thoroughly enjoyed it.

My wife likes Tom Selleck

I showed this thread to my wife and she might have called some of you old codgers. Not you, of course.

Then I was told to post Matt Bomer, who I guess kind of looks like Henry Caville, just a bit friendlier.

Cary Elwes?

Got you, right here

My wife and I’ve discussed how those two look somewhat alike too. She prefers Cavill because he’s straight and more muscular (she likes hunky men, which of course totally explains why she married a geek like me).

This feels like a doppleganger scenario to me. I wonder when he gets older if they will still look that much alike.

Yeah, one of the funny side effects from this superhero craze is a bunch of already handsome dudes getting all huge and ripped.

You guys are making me blush.

Chris Hemsworth

Jake Gyllenhaal

For me it’s all about a good beard. And Henry has come a long way from The Tudors.

Plus you can Youtube how patient he is with fans (Cavill).