Who wants to play Old World PBEM? (games starting August 1st!)

Thanks not seeing anything but the newsletter link.

You probably won’t see anything until it’s your turn. Sadly, it looks like we can’t access the game unless we’re taking our turns. :(

-Tom

Reformed Game - Two.Two: TDT vs SSR

Trigger cut is up.

Looks like all players have 2 “free sites” this time.

It’s also worth noting that some of us get the mountain end of the map and others get the coastal end. Which presumably balances out, since coasts mean income in the long turn with harbors, but mountains mean stone in the short run with quarries?

Another balance issue is how many Ancient Ruins we each get. These are pretty powerful boosts, especially early in the game. You’re probably going to want to make a beeline with your scouts to “your” Ancient Ruins.

-Tom

I’m on the same bireme.

Edit: ok it’s probably just not my turn yet.

Huge sounds pretty big to me for 3v3 (we support up to 5v5) but use your best judgment.

Also, maybe it’s time to split this into two threads?

I’m not sure if the game will support alternating team turns per player but it’s a good idea. I’ll add it to the list if not.

Lmk if it’s my turn as I might be able to squeeze in a turn in the next 45 mins.

Request: being able to load the game when it isn’t our turn - even if all interfaces other than map scroll are locked.

How well does the game communicate what happened between the moments you get to look at it?

So do I understand correctly that I have to wait until it’s my turn before I can see that the game even exists? FTR I did enter my email, so I hope notification works, but there is nothing on any of the splash pages to indicate we have a game created.

You can watch a replay of what happened since your last turn.

@SorenJohnson - in game Two.Two - can you tell me what is going on with the city site just south of your start? – edit. North of your start, south of @Sonoftgb

It shows up “green” as a free/open city site, but has a barbarian unit hanging out.

Huh- not sure! Is it the same on both sides?

No.

It looks like the map tried to give each player 2 free/open sites. The mirror (south of my spawn) is indeed open with no barb.

We need at least as many Old World threads as we need GOP/Trump threads in P&R!

In the spirit of a fun learning game, @tomchick thought it would be nice to share the little marked up minimap for game two.two.

Blue teal squares are free city sites
Yellow squares are ancient ruins. (a couple were already popped in during Tom’s or my turn).

The “mirror anomalies” that have been noticed:

• the already mentioned rogue barbarian on the free city site south of @Sonofgtb
  • the flipflopped open cities in the north between @tomchick and @RothdaTheTruculent

Just for the sake of clarity, can Tom (or anyone) post the turn order for the two games? Gracias.

Game Two.Two TheCaptain84 (@SorenJohnson ?) is up.

I’m confused I thought you and Soren are in Game 1?

Appears to working clockwise around the map from Tom’s position:

Tom → Dave (Yyrkroon BR) → Triggercut → Soren (TheCaptain84)

Guessing its then @Sonoftgb followed by @RothdaTheTruculent

Me, too, now. In game my game is called Two.Two: tdt vs ssr

but in @tomchick notes, we are indeed game 1:

Game One
Team One: @tomchick, @davehemke, @triggercut
Team Two: @SorenJohnson, @Sonoftgb, @RothdaTheTruculent