Who won the E3 conference war?

Really.

Sony by far

It’s difficult for me to choose. Microsoft’s waggle was made of lies, but Sony had no price drop and $250 for the PSP Go. So I chose Microsoft.

Angie, you are so going to wish you had chosen differently when Sony releases Unicorn Hunter.

They certainly have the right controller for it.

We all know the price drop is just going to be a little later so that it doesn’t kill all the buzz of the regular E3 announcements, just a few more months until the slim is revealed too. I don’t understand why people keep hammering that here as if it annihilated everything else Sony has shown. As usual, the levels of PS3 trolling on QT3 is just insane.

Microsoft was the only one that didn’t feel long, though I still have to watch Nintendo.

Maybe I’m missing something, but how, exactly, does a price drop announcement for your platform “kill the buzz” of the regular E3 game announcements? For your competitors, maybe. But that’s good, right?

Shit Boners.

To me the system that wins is one that would make me most interested in buying the system if I didn’t have one.

Microsoft showed off great games, but practically all of them will be for the PC, so maybe in terms of quality they won, but it wouldn’t make me run out and buy one if I didn’t have it.

Sony on the other hand showed off games that will never come out for the PC, and made me the most interested I’ve been in buying a PS3. Therefore Sony wins.

Oh, and Nintendo showed off games I have little interest in playing. (Besides SMG).

Actually all of the press conferences made me want to play games. Gotta go work on my backlog.

Judging by post count, more people are talking about the Sony conference than the other two. :P

Judging by streamcasting…

Depends on the criteria. If we’re talking best presentation overall, Microsoft wins by a landslide. If we’re talking actual lineup announced/shown, it’s kind of a coinflip between MS and Sony. Take away The Last Guardian and I’ll go Microsoft by a nose. Otherwise, too close to call for me.

Consoles are gay

MS gets knocked for Natal which is not nearly as good as they pretend it is. Sony just had an awesome lineup of games capped off by the best example of motion control game play seen anywhere. It’s silly to penalize them for not showing the Slim, since we know it’s coming anyway. They’ll put out a release when it’s actually close to hitting store shelves and one for the price drop when it actually happens.

Uncharted 2 was gorgeous.
GoW3 was gorgeous, even if the game play was pretty much same’ol, same’ol.
MGS: Peace Walker looked great and had an awesome trailer.
Final Fantasy 14 was the gasp moment of the show.
Modnation Racer look fantastic.
Last of the Guardians was hands down the greatest thing shown by anyone anywhere.
Add to that Motion Control with fun looking game play attached, just a fantastic show.

MS mostly showed me games I’ll just play on the PC and faked up technology that doesn’t actually seem very useful for games. Oh, and twitter, like I give a fuck.

Until people realized it was an MMO.

Good to see that Dave Long has voted.

Yeah, I know! In retrospect it seems so obvious, don’t it? But for a sec it looked like MS just got F’d in the A.

We take comfort in our madness due to the knowledge that we’ve been right.