Who'll get the VP nod in the McCain campaign?

Oh man, I’m pretty sure that even Answers In Genesis abandoned that argument. You know you’re in bad company when fucking AiG thinks your anti-evolution talking point is dumb…

Someone should start mailing him links to the talk.origins archive.

Creationists always try to use the second law,
to disprove evolution, but their theory has a flaw.
The second law is quite precise about where it applies,
only in a closed system must the entropy count rise.
The earth’s not a closed system’ it’s powered by the sun,
so fuck the damn creationists, Doomsday get my gun!
That, in a nutshell, is what entropy’s about,
you’re now down with a discount.

Now you’re talking, a Cheney vs. McCain evil republican laugh off. Also Cheney would shore up his Iraq position.

The slogan could be 100 more years and fuck you if you don’t like it.

Going to go out on a limb and state that McCain has nothing to worry about in the South.

JC Watts
Bill Frist
Sam Brownback
Rush Limbaugh (darkhorse pick)
Hailey Barbour

Obama would have to counter with Al Franken.

No. McCain has 100% control over his VP pick. And he’ll probably pick Jindal. He’s as conservative as anyone under consideration, the base loves him, and he’s a young minority to counter Obama.

Haha, I want that as a bumper sticker.

Are you telling me that if McCain, hypothetically, wanted to commit political suicide and run with Mark Foley, he could?

As far as this Jindal guy goes, how well is he governing Louisiana? The state is known for corruption issues and is still supposedly having problems repairing their infrastructure after Katrina. Couldn’t the funny name aspect and being a reformed Hindu go against him?

I poked around online but couldn’t get much useful/controversial information on him.

Oh, man. He changes his name from “Piyush” to “Bobby” and switches from Hindu to Catholicism and you’re still worried that people are going to hold his apple pie hating past against him.

It must suck to be a minority in the States. At least no one can tell I don’t believe in God by looking at me.

I guess it boils down to where he can gain the most votes: The Religious Right or elsewhere (economy, women e.c.t.). My first guess would be Romney because he’s the second-most electable, but somehow I doubt he’ll fit the bill.

Respectfully

krise madsen

BTW, have you ever wondered why Cheney was made VP? I mean, he certainly wasn’t electable himself and didn’t really attract voters in swing states. What did Cheney offer that George W didn’t have?

Well, formally the convention delegates have to approve the presidential nominee’s vice presidential pick by majority vote. That holds for both parties. I don’t know of any modern examples where it wasn’t pretty much unanimous.

Experience – an incredibly strong resume in various senior government posts, elected and in the White House, back to the Ford Administration. Not an unlikely template for the type of person Obama might want to pick.

The Bush 2000 campaign put Dick Cheney in charge of screening potential running mates for Bush. Cheney eventually selected himself.

When Bush was running for his first term, the speaking point that was distributed and used ad nauseum was “gravitas.” I think I’d heard that word spoken about 3 times in my lifetime, and suddenly every Democrat on every news show was talking about Bush and his lack of “gravitas.” Then the news hosts picked up on it, and they would discuss which VP candidate would make up for Bush’s lack of “gravitas.” Cheney was selected to fill that gap.

What’s interesting is how, on these boards, there was a discussion after the Cheney-Lieberman debate how much more intelligent, thoughtful, professional, and presidential both Cheney and Lieberman came across vs. how poorly Bush and Gore were coming across in their debates. Hard to believe back then the passionate hate that would eventually developed by so many for those two.

Maturity and experience.

Uhhh, well my thought behind it was that Jindal seems to share all the views of religious conservatives that McCain has historically lacked. This voting block is supposedly (no proof other than Laura Ingram, Limbaugh, O’Reily, Sevrin…etc) disenchanted with McCain for being inconsistent and “liberal”. Religious conservatives are stereo typed as being somewhat racist and certainly xenophobic. Therefore Jindal having a funny name could be a liability.

What do you think the percentage of people who will vote this election year will have no idea who the running mates are or what their stances are?

Apple pie sounding names might be beneficial for conservatives.

Alright, well then my perception of the process was obviously wrong. Thank you for the clarification.

I know Bobby Jindal from grad school. I considered him a friend, but I (and most people around us) had problems with him: he combined the zealotry of the recent convert with an Ivy League smugness that was incredible, even in context. From his press coverage, it seems that he hasn’t changed one iota.

I have no idea who will get this nod, but I will vote for “RON PAUL, BITCHES” as the funniest and most appropriate shit bonerz poll option ever.

I am now asking the Gods of Unintentional Comedy to grant me the boon of a Jindal VP run.

EDIT - removed some stuff at JMJ request. I did leave in the mullet part, cause that’s real.

John, Call Media Matters! You can be famous!

Quiet down you! Wait until McCain taps him.