Who's behind Hooded Horse?

The dev seems to be pretty active on Twitter:

https://twitter.com/kathawkgames

Thanks for that. I don’t twit, so I never saw it.

That’s because you’re a healthy and well-adjusted human being.

It’s more than a little weird to see all that tweeting. If you google the game the Steam page is the first thing that pops up. There are a couple of dev blogs posted there from late December and early November before that. If you go to the Steam forum for the game the commenters there have pretty much given up hope the game is ever going to come out. Twitter is not the whole world of developer communication (nor is Discord, and in fact I would argue that Discord is probably a net negative; spend your time making the game, not IRC chatting with fans), and you wouldn’t know the (pretty active, although I would not say with anything really substantial) twitter even exists from visiting the Steam page and forum.

The dev has a Discord too (I saw in a tweet not too long ago) but I have no idea how active or relevant it is.

Hey nice. It looks like you have a nice slate of games coming up in 2023.

Yeah the developer is more active on Twitter and the studio’s discord. The project is still in development and we’re hoping it will be released by the end of the year, but nothing’s confirmed at this point :)

Hooded Horse, as a publisher, doesn’t direct the release timetable. The devs tell us when they’re ready, and we go from there. We feel it means games release in a better state (even in early access), but it does also mean we can’t always talk that much about what’s coming when. KatHawk might feel it needs more time, it might not - we’re ready to support them either way.

Welcome, Joe! Ex-game journalists unite!

I’ve looked at the Hooded Horse stable of games, and they have a sub-set of gamers (me) just completely dialed in. There’s 3-4 games there that perfectly fit my interests.

So anyway, congrats on having the easiest job ever. :D You’re basically in charge of advertising crack to crack-addicts.

If anyone is interested, we’ve announced more details regarding the Steam event we’re running next week called TactiCon. We’re co-hosting it with a company called Firesquid.

It’s going to be a five-day celebration of strategy games, featuring demos, discounts, reveals / announcements, and panels/talks from developers. This is our second year running the event, and it runs May 11 - 15.

I can share more about what Hooded Horse specifically is brining to TactiCon 2023 next week.

And TactiCon 2023 has begun! Come check it out if you like strategy games: