Who's the most famous person you've touched?

I, too, shook hands with John Kerry, in 2003 which I guess was before he was officially running. This was not long after I had been asked to sit in what was to be Kerry’s chair as he gave a talk about the cost of college education. Apparently since we are both tall dudes they needed me to set up the lighting properly. Or so I was told at the time.

Chuck Norris, who was signing posters and shaking hands at the theater where I saw Sidekicks. It was pretty cool. My cousin and I were staying at my grandparents’ house for a week or so, and they took us to this movie which we both wanted to see (yeah yeah). We got there, and they wouldn’t let us in to the theater, and we didn’t know why. All of a sudden these guys start filing in with uzis and form two rows, and then in walks Chuck Norris. Pretty awesome.

I danced right next to Marisa Tomei at a nightclub once, and I think I brushed up next to her accidentally, but it was pretty packed so it might’ve been someone else.

I shook hands with Peter Hook from New Order in a burrito shop in Berkeley. I was a little too star-struck to say much but “I love your band, man!”

That’s it, though I’ve met Morrissey twice. Not sure how “famous” outside of his fans though.

• Mike Wallace of 60 Minutes - spent 2 days with him in capital fund-raising effort for University of Michigan.

• George H. Bush (when he was VP). I used to be a member of the “Young Republicans” in High School.

• Dr. Francis Collins MD PHd - NIH - director Human Genome Project. Did research in his lab with him for years.

Contact was professional. Shaking hands, hugs, dinners etc.

I suppose it can be hard to judge who’s more famous sometimes, but I’m gonna go with the real space explorer, Buzz Aldrin, over the faux space explorers (the entire cast of original Trek - both professionally with Buzz Aldrin’s Race into Space and Star Trek: 25th Anniversary and Star Trek: Judgment Rites).

I’ve done shots with and shaken the hands of most of the main cast of Firefly and most of the main cast of BSG. Dragon*Con is awesome.

My personal best is Chibi from The Birthday Massacre. I’ve hugged her 3 or 4 times now I guess. :)

Ron Jeremy. Perhaps you guys have seen the picture?

I’ve been waiting for this since the thread started. If ever there was a perfect moment to post just the picture, with no text, this was it. It would have been awesome. Your moment of redemption was set up nicely…and you missed it. ;)

DJ Rap > Chibi
Kisses > hugs

I win

;)

Mostly political figures: Barack Obama, Bill Clinton, Karl Rove, John & Elizabeth Edwards (and John Edwards’s parents, Wallace & Bobbie).

Also, John DeLancie (ha, mmalloy!).

And he never washed that shirt again…

[ul]
[li]When Bill Clinton was first running for President, I got picked to interview Hillary for the newspaper - I got to ride in the car with her out to the airport. Pretty sure we shook hands. She wanted to make out, but I declined.[/li][li]David Sedaris at a book signing.[/li][li]Stephen Colbert, Paul Dinello and Amy Sedaris at a Wigfield appearance. I was running her web site at the time, but that’s the first time I’d met her in person.[/li][li]Various members of Porcupine Tree.[/li][/ul]

My fiancee likes to vehemently deny his celebrityhood, but I’ve had manhugs with Chris Avellone.

Hahahaha! Wait, you were kidding, right?

My daughter was in DC last week doing the school trip museum thing, she was talking about the dresses of the First Ladies (she hates stuff like that) at one of the museums and my wife asked if Hillary had a pant suit on display.

jerri wins.

I’ve been naked with Kiefer Sutherland [24] and David Shore [House] (hockey locker room.)

Demon G Sides, I actually have a pic of a few of us and Ron Jeremy too from when he came by the radio station I worked at. At least I had a pic - I need to find it again!

Dustin Diamond. Come on, don’t act like you or anyone else in this thread needed “the guy who played Skreech on Saved By The Bell.”

Ray Charles, Peter Noone (of Herman’s Hermits fame), John Elway, Shannon Sharpe, John Cleese, and now, Snoop Dogg.

The only photograpic proof is of myself and John Cleese though.

Most famous person I’ve touched… it’s a toss-up, both military-related (peripherally) and both in relation to work.

Last year at our national convention, we presented an award to World Wrestling Entertainment for their support of deployed US troops, and it was accepted by Sgt. Slaughter. We got to do a little handshaking backstage afterwards and my boss mentioned that I’d done some professional wrestling briefly in my twenties - and immediately the Sarge grabs me with one arm and slaps me in a headlock. So yes, I have been touched by greatness there. Or more accurately, headlocked by greatness.

The second was the time one of our programs had their celebrity spokesman in the building for a photo op, and I made the mistake of thinking I was out of earshot when I did a (bad) impression.

By the way, R. Lee Ermey doesn’t find it funny when you screw up his movie quotes where he can hear you. Thankfully he shook my hand and had an awkward laugh instead of reaching down my throat and bitchslapping me with my own pancreas.