Who's your Secret Santa in the 12th Annual QT3 Secret Santa Gift Exchange?

I thought Wisconsin, was a Dutch colony once.

weren’t they norvegian, german and swedish?

Yes.

Yes it was.

I’m a bit concerned about the cheese-centric phobias you guys have.

I think this anti-Cheese attitude is Unamerican, Ungodly and Unclean.

PACKERS!

The last time my Santa gave me cheese, I dropped out of Secret Santa for a decade.

What kind of cheese was it?

I’m guessing it was caciocavallo.

-xtien

POLITICAL CHEESE

You fell in my trap! ;)

Is that like “Government Cheese”?

Unfortunately. :(

The problem with QT3 stalking is I have some ideas but these things seem like something they might actually buy for themselves at one point. I guess that’s always a risk. My family has a rule about not buying something for themselves from Thanksgiving to Christmas… it’s mostly honored, at least the spirit is. heh.

Umm, no it wasn’t? French my friends, French. @schurem there is heavy German influence, as evidenced by names like Rheinlander and New Holstein. But French influence shows too, Eau Claire and Fon du Lac. Lots of German immigrants in the 1800s wound up in Wisconsin.

The Norwegian and Swedish influences are mostly in the western part of the state, and really more of a Minnesota thing. But none of the above ever truly had colonial influence in Wosconsin.

They do love their beer and cheese though. More so than the Dutch even, and the Dutch certainly love their cheese.

I have that rule as well! But it starts at the beginning of November as we have two birthdays that fall around Thanksgiving.

-xtien

No.

No it wasn’t.

That is a rule I should follow. Bday Nov 14 then Xmas the next month… Hmm

So today’s posts have pretty much confirmed that @mjgreeny75 , loves cheese and is probably guaranteed a cheese related gift from Santa.

:D

Aliens brought the Dutch to Wisconsin first.

And don’t hand me your conventional histories. They’ve been whitewashed.