Who's your Secret Santa in the 12th Annual QT3 Secret Santa Gift Exchange?

This thread delivers

Well crap, I’m sad that on the day Chris sets a ridiculous standard for package delivery instructions, I have to report that package #2 did indeed arrive! And by arrive, I mean a couple of my neighbors just stopped by to let me know they saw a package for me on the walking path around the corner from my condo. Apparently someone helped themselves to my gift but they were kind enough to leave the note & shredded shipping box in some bushes nearby. Hopefully they needed it more than I did. We’ve had some thieves hit our complex lately. They sliced open a couple of my packages a couple weeks ago, inexplicably taking some white shirts I had ordered so we could nerdily iron on some science sayings for our upcoming escape room jaunt while at the same time leaving my Fireball Island kickstarter package opened yet untouched.

So thank you Santa, who shall remain officially nameless until I open box #1 next week - I appreciate your efforts even though fortune was not on my side this time!

Non-perishable package received and placed in the spot where our tree will be soon!

Your tree isn’t up yet? Heathen!

As, that sucks @rowe33! I feel fortunate that my condo building has the mailboxes inside the outer door and package delivery folks usually get someone to let them into that area to drop off shipments, even if the actual recipient isn’t home. But occasionally the stuff does get left outside so it’s probably only a matter of time before something disappears.

Installing a Ring doorbell tonight so I can at least see who’s doing it. Most of our online stuff is from Amazon so at least that can be sent to a locker, just frustrating to be constantly targeted now.

Some people just suck. I know there are far worse things in the world but this whole porch stealing, truck chasing and thieves in general… even the spread of home cameras isn’t helping much with this.

Merry Christmas man, and I’m really sorry that happened to you.

Thanks folks, just glad no one’s breaking into our places in the complex and they’re sticking to the non-violent package theft for now.

First Christmas post-divorce with just me and the 16-year-old in the house. So (1) busier than usual running life in general, and (2) you get conversations like this: “So should we go get a tree, or do you want to watch the first two parts of the DC Elseworlds crossover tonight?” and no voice of reason left in the house. ;)

Dear secret Santa, your package arrived this morning, which was fortuitous timing because I was feeling a bit down (tough week, half way done though!)

So thankyou.

Are there any special opening instructions?

Poor postman was very confused by the address looking for a BBB lol.

Dear @Juan_Raigada: Tu Santa Secreto te dijo: Fecha de entrega estimada: 18 dic 2018 - 20 dic 2018. Después de que lo recibas, sacrifícalo a los Dioses Mayores.*
(* Do not actually do this)

Dear @BloodyBattleBrain: Your Secret Santa would like you to know that you’re in the same boat! Specifically, on November 5 you wrote, “I spend ages wrapping the packages, only to inevitably realise I suck at wrapping.” The contents are wrapped “(sort of)” so go ahead and open the box and remove the gifts and card. If you do it carefully enough, you’ll find a bonus Memory game on the inside of the box which you should cut out and play, maybe with your cat if you have one*.

(* Borrow a cat if you don’t)

Santa also says: “I’m happy to hear that the package has so timely arrived, specifically considering the postman’s confusion. Sorry about that, I figured the full name was more confusing.”

Dear @JPR: Please confirm receipt of your package, which is listed as Delivered on Monday, December 10.

Yes, I got it and opened it as instructed. Many gifts await!

I’m gonna guess that was originally Elder Gods and not Higher Gods?

Won’t do it anyway, just checking.

Yeah, Elder Gods. My bad.

I now wonder how you would translate Elder Gods (not a trivial translation).

How do you sacrifice Elder Gods?

Dioses antiguos?