Who's your Secret Santa in the 12th Annual QT3 Secret Santa Gift Exchange?

Dear @fire, I have a similar confirmation from your Santa. At least two packages are coming. Do not open them!

-xtien

A coworker tells me that his daughter heard something on the radio about a person who tweeted about a stolen item and company responding. So, he’s pulling my leg, there’s more than one person in my boat, or we’re entering urban legend territory.

Dear Santa: I have received one package addressed to “fire via QuarterToThree.” It doesn’t sound like bird seed when I shake it.

I’m just relieved it doesn’t sound like a bird when you shake it.

-xtien

‘E’s not pinin’! 'E’s passed on! This parrot is no more! He has ceased to be! 'E’s expired and gone to meet 'is maker! 'E’s a stiff! Bereft of life, 'e rests in peace! If you hadn’t nailed 'im to the perch 'e’d be pushing up the daisies! 'Is metabolic processes are now 'istory! 'E’s off the twig! 'E’s kicked the bucket, 'e’s shuffled off ‘is mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin’ choir invisible!! THIS IS AN EX-PARROT!!

And the palindrome of Bolton would be Notlob.

-xtien

Dear @Kadath: Your Santa would like you to know that your gift package has shipped. The gifts inside the box are wrapped so it’s safe to open.

Dear @ineffablebob: Your Santa would like you to know that your gift(s) will be delivered somewhere between Wednesday, December 19 and Friday, December 21. The contents are not immediately perishable but they should be brought into the house as soon as possible before they eat themselves and perish.

So I have no idea who my secret Santa is, the one gift I opened accidentally when it arrived had no card in it. I still have one other box from Amazon that I won’t open until Christmas week.

But I’ve been waiting to put this little guy together since it arrived. I had time tonight so… Behold my tiny Robo Explorer!

Things that occured / came to mind as I assembled this gift:

I no longer think legos are for kids. This took awhile to put together!
(I haven’t assembled anything lego related in at least 25 years.)
The instructions are really detailed! When I was a kid I never read them.
I pretty much had a smile on my face the entire time I put it together.
The pieces are much smaller when your hands are much bigger!
I wasted no parts, so this little guy has an warning light on his head. :p
I’ve also ended up wishlisting like 3 other lego things on Amazon.
Soon I will have a backlog of lego things to build. D:

So I am pretty much super hyped to open the next package, why is Christmas week so far away yet! My secret santa stalked me very well with this gift. I don’t specifically recall mentioning legos on the forums though I do post a lot, and I probably did as I enjoyed them for a good 10 years of my childhood.

I give this secret santa gift … 5 stars!

Haha, that’s an awesome gift. I’d have never thought of that!

Dear @Jason_McMaster: Your Santa would like you to be advised: Most of your packages (3 of them) are en route from a variety of online vendors, scheduled for delivery this week.

One last package will depart near the end of the week. This package contains something perishable, and will be clearly marked “OPEN ME ASAP” (courier markings permitting).

NOTE: If any member of your household has a common food allergy (nuts, dairy, eggs, soy), please let me (organizer) know as soon as possible lest you or your loved ones be inadvertently poisoned.

And a very nice one at that! It has found a good spot at my desk, so it can do what you intended it to do, and so far it’s working: stress levels are noticeably lower!

https://imgur.com/a/2XJZ9EH

I keep meaning to get some potted plants for the balcony and my office.

Recommendations?

Something foolproof preferably, and flowers are a bonus.

I’m only allergic to penicillin and bullets.

I’m allergic to hard work!

That and bees for me, Santa. Please do not send me moldy bees.

Santa could send an Epipen too…

Hey, Santa isn’t made of money. He’s lucky that he’s getting the moldy bees.

Nava has expensive tastes! I would be fine with the generic.

Dear @claybob: You know how when you ship something with USPS, they ask, “Anything liquid, fragile, hazardous, or from the list of prohibited items?” Your package, which ships today, will contain one of those things.