Who's your Secret Santa in the 12th Annual QT3 Secret Santa Gift Exchange?

Why not both.gif?

My nerves are frazzled. I will apologize in advance to my Santee. You are likely to be disappointed.

Smoke up some of that legal weed you have there, the nerves will calm down. ;)

No, Imma cry 'cause I want some damn Moon Pies. Now.

I think legal weed is contributing to his frazzlement ;)

I, too, would love to partake of some Scrapple.

I’d prefer Scrabble

There is no such thing as “pairings” and even numbers are not required. Come on, join us!

Stroopwaffels > Moon pies!

This kind of makes me want to do a favorite snack exchange, although Moon Pie would probably not make my list. Anyone who hasn’t had one should try it though. Stroopwaffels look awfully tempting.

They are very good

Tell you what @Nesrie, if I get you, you’ll get a pack. They always have them at Aldi, since they’re a Dutch specialty.

Last year I ran away from my family for the holidays to hang out on a tropical island, pretty much literally, this year we’ll see if I like them enough during the holidays to share such a tempting treat. .

When Nesrie posted about Pinwheels, all I could think of is this:

Which I love, but have not eaten for probably more than a decade. Still it’s one of those things I see at the store where I feel it calling to me.

-xtien

That certainly looks more appealing, but the marshmallow to cookie ratio still seems too high.

To be honest, I’m not a big marshmallow fan. The chocolate promise draws me in though. But I learned how to make these amazing s’mores bars–much better ratio, btw–many, many years ago, and so buying that stuff became unnecessary.

We used to do bake sale fundraisers at my kid’s elementary school. I always left with an empty dish.

-xtien

I understand why they don’t really let you do home baked goods anymore at those things, but man I think families truly miss out these days on the true wonders of some home chefs. S’mores are awesome, and I keep wondering why we always wind up with Hershey bars instead of something… better. I don’t hate Hershey or anything but there are better options.

What do you sue?

I still remember when they started asking us to not bring stuff from our home kitchens. It so pissed me off to go to the store and get a plastic container of cookies that were far inferior to what I could make at home. This was after a couple of years of me including a card of every ingredient I put into the stuff I made. But still, they’d rather have processed shit than homemade food. I guess the theory is that you cannot trust home cooks to keep standards of cleanliness? And somehow a random employee at Safeway who couldn’t care less about your kids is more careful?

Net gain: I stopped cooking for the kids and teachers at the school. We all did. And thus…more plastic packaged crap.

I’m all for regulations…but come on.

-xtien

Yeah if you ever read the Dear Abby type stuff, you’d be horrified about what friends, family and even co-workers discover in someone’s home, like cats liking out of bowls and stuff. I have a cat. Every time I cook, I wash the surface I am using because… I have no idea what he does when I sleep but not everyone is considerate. Heck during an Elementary cake walk we pulled out more than twenty toothpicks someone put in a cake… and we discovered they were there because my sister bit into one. She’s lucky she didn’t seriously damage her mouth.

Having said that, I’ve worked in a deli, an ice-cream truck and a factory that produced gourmet foods… there were issues at all of them. I would be willing to take the risk on home made treats because shrink wrap does not protect anyone from people who just don’t care.

Hear hear! They are now traditionally part of my standard secret Santa gift set, so whoever gets paired to me will recieve some!

Reading this post makes me happy – it’s like my own personal David Aldridge moment