Who's your Secret Santa in the 12th Annual QT3 Secret Santa Gift Exchange?

All it takes is one kid bringing an old takeout container full of cat crap to school, and this is the world we get to live in.

Holy smokes, I just re-read your post and noticed this sentence. Sometimes you knock my socks off.

When do we find out who our Santees are?

I’m kind of excited.

It takes time man! There are logistics to consider!

• Receive Secret Santee information (by Tuesday, November 6, 2018)

Whoever ends up having me, please avoid moon pies or marshmallows! I don’t understand the obsession with this particular food group. Los Angeles weather doesn’t tend to treat perishable gifts too well anyways as we don’t have a nice layer of snow for cooling :D

Don’t lump all of us who live here in with rowe. Beer does just fine being transported. As does beef.

Don’t ruin this for us, rowe!

-xtien

I do believe beef and beer are indeed special commodities that excel and flourish in the LA weather, less there be any confusion!

Sign-ups are now closed. You’ll get your assignment around Monday. Stay tuned!

Hints being dropped, gentlemen?

Your weather should be pretty mild this time of year. Are you still passing like 80?

Not at all. I’m just messing with Kelly. As it turns out one of my first Secret Santa packages was an amazing selection of beers. It was so lovely.

-xtien

It’ll hit 80 this weekend it looks like, then back to the usual 70s. For winter, we usually have highs just under 70 so it cools off a little but not freezer type weather.

Well I won’t be shipping anyone cheesecake self packed, but I would think 70s would be okay for beer and beef sticks, maybe a bit warm for chocolate. Heh.

Did our exchange just become food heavy?

I can certainly send food, no complaints, just amused and granted part of that might be my fault too.

Yay! And cool @krayzkrok is in – he was an awesome Santa for me one year! The croc overlooks my desk to this day. (Sadly, not a living one.)

Yes indeed, had troubles with that a few years back myself.

You can always risk it, but be aware that it may get intercepted in customs.

I hope my santee likes boardgames!

Ugh plastic packaged factory stuff. Barbarians.

Real moon pies are cooked laboriously and lovingly as an expression of familial love for the
celebration of mid-autumn. (or ordered from a local bakery or just imported prepackaged lol)

I sent a Santee food once. They were allergic. I was filled with eternal shame :-(

(there was other stuff, too, and as I recall their partner ate the cookies, but still–oops!)

What are the conventions regarding immaterial goods? Ebooks, steam games, that sort of thing?

I believe someone got Xcom 2 a year or two ago.

Generally people lean towards physical, but digital is also usually ok.