Whose Line is it Anyway Returns from the Dead (yet again)

Or Tony Slattery!

I ran down the list on all of them after posting that - everybody has lots of experience in improv, usually connects into one of the principles from Whose Line in some fashion, and Irealized I had seen a few of them before - I just couldn’t place the name. I note that a few have singing improv experience (as I expected).

They’d film more stuff than they used - some of it has surfaced over the years, and I think they even cobbled together a few episodes from previously unused bits. But quite often the blown scenes are just left in, because the reaction itself is funny. Search YouTube and you can find all sorts of stuff.

I was wondering about the first two episodes. Both Ryan and Wayne are already on shows. So I was wondering if they were setting up the “4th person” on each show to take their places in the long run. I actually laughed out loud during each show. And that takes a lot for me. The wife did as well. But what if there was no Ryan, Wayne or Colin? Those guys, in my humble opinion, make the show. Who really cares who the host is? Or who the guests are? It’s pretty simple. We had three of the best and a person that was meh with them. It was obvious when they picked Ryan, Colin and Wayne for the majority of the skits. I’m wondering what happens when contractual obligations take them away. Then we have a version of Make Me Laugh with no quality.

Watched these tonight and quite enjoyed them. Great to have the show back, and I’m liking Aisha more than I thought I would.

Funny aside: I bought my wife the Drew Carey series of Whose Line on DVD awhile back. While going through the first set, none other than Stephen Colbert was on as the guest. This was prior to the character of Colbert existing. It was just him doing improv and it was fun to see him ‘out of character’ for once.

So glad to hear this is back, yet again. Cannot get enough Colin, especially if paired up again with Ryan. Huzzah!

Holy crap, these first two episodes had my wife and I almost choking we laughed so hard, oh man that’s good stuff!

My son and his girl friend are watching it right now, and they are laughing so loud that I can’t think clearly.

…wait…popcorn sequence…nope, they laughed harder on the sideways scene.

Good news, everyone! While US citizens are encouraged to keep watching the show on CWTV, to show support and keep the show going, they’ve recently added episodes for free on another site that is not region-locked!

Check it out here!

Good guy Colin Mochrie for sharing the link. :D

This weeks was outstanding, three for three now. I am really enjoying special guests instead of audience members, and this week one of the improv regulars was Key (from Key and Pele)!

Keegan Michael Key was probably the best of the rotating members so far, but I thought the episode in general wasn’t quite as funny as the preceding two. But that’s still funnier by far thn most of the drek on TV.

Agreed. I rarely laugh out loud at anything on TV. But this show is da bomb!

So Whose Line is already picked up for another season, yet again! I guess they’ve come back with a vengeance. Hilarious hilarious vengeance.

Also, the text in that article hurts me. “Preem”? “Skedded”? Who uses these words? Wait, they aren’t even words!

Awesome that they’re adding 'em so quickly. LOVE that site…found it around the same time they announced that Whose Line was coming back to TV. Some of those older moments are comedy GOLD.

I’m on the fence about the guest star vs. audience participation. Lauren Cohan didn’t even get to say a single word, and that was a disappointment. At least the kid from Glee and Candice Accola (who I admit to adoring despite being on The Vampire Diaries) had a higher level of participation. We’ll see how that plays out long-term.

Aisha, I think, will be great, but so far she hasn’t done…anything, really. Hasn’t really even had much presence as a host, and they’re not letting her play, which may or may not be good, but she deserves more than she’s getting so far, I think. She’s pretty awesome.

At the end of the day, I’m just ecstatic that one of my favorite shows ever is back on TV, and that it’s already been picked up for another season after just 3 episodes airing. It’s apparently being very well received, and that makes me happy. :-)

I do hope they eventually manage to get some of the other “fourth-man” players back involved. Sherwood was touring with Colin for a while, so I’m a little surprised he’s not in the lineup currently. Excited to see where it eventually goes, though.

It doesn’t QUITE feel like the old Whose Line, and not just because of the host, but it’s still Whose Line.

Returns for 2014 in two weeks, March 21st.

Is Denny on this show yet?

Wayne, Ryan, Colin, and Greg for the first episode. Swap out Greg and swap in Keegan-Michael Key for the second. Dunno beyond that.

Keegan-Michael Key? For real? Now I’ll have to figure out what channel this is on and when.

I am just catching up on this now. Great stuff.

Looks like the new season has started…the first two episodes are great but they’re using some really annoying camera changes. Cutting to close up shots mid-sentence for some reason, etc. Just some weird editing I guess.