Why all the hate?

That’s probably it. They all infiltrated from Gone Gold like some horrible, warm, fuzzy undead horde.

It was much worse in the old days. Didn’t wumpus make Dave Long cry once?

This is like one of those young Republicans who go on and on about the old days, and how much nicer everyone was, but when you actually talk to the old timers, they tell you how much nicer things are now.

I dunno mate, I’ve been on this board for seven years and it sure as heck don’t feel nicer now.

Maybe you’re more sensitive at the moment, Brian. Something going on that’s making you feel delicate?

Really? It used to be when someone started a new thread about medical advice or relationship problems or something else, they wouldn’t get sound advice, they’d get a new asshole torn by someone. You don’t think the level of snark is down now? I think it’s older and wimpier, myself.

You pussies.

I agree with Brian though. I’ve seen some fairly crass posters in here who’d just launch into f-bombs and personal insults immediately without addressing the issues. It wasn’t like that before. At least when Bill D tore you a new asshole it was funny. Somewhat.

Well, I did just get over my period so maybe I am feeling a little emotional…

Exactly, this. This is what I’ve been noticing. The lessening of actual discussion and the increase of attacks, insults and so on.

Link?

Um… your mom is exactly what I’m talking about… or something.

But seriously, for a group of
people who pretty
much embody “the Internet”, what I’ve seen of QT3 arguments tend to be more respectful and polite
than most other places. Folks seem to be passionate on certain points, but no one seems to be a target of outright hate.

Except for this “Jose Liz” guy I keep hearing about…

Hear hear, motherfuckers.

Lots fucks going on between me and Demon in this one.

All this thread is missing is a shotgun and a rocking chair.

I’ve also noticed an increase in posters who are too lazy to link!

I think there might be “it’s not the hate, it’s the stupidity” joke in here somewhere.

Oh this I must get a link to.

So you think, as the size of the board has increased over the years, the stupid has increased as well, explaining a lot of the negativity?

There are a few former posters that brought out the ire far more than any of the current bunch of popular targets.

The blue forums are apparently (and sadly) now dead for good, but we were pretty brutal to Dave when the original Xbox came out and he was shriekingly adamant that it would fail horribly and die off, pulling examples and arguments out of his ass pretty much the same way he does now.