Why all the hate?

JMJ is the crazy eccentric uncle who claimed that “After this reunion i’m never coming back again!” But was back at the next reunion to put to bed some weird rumors about him, and then decided to stick around yelling about the aliens taking over the mind’s of the stupid and how the government is monitoring his actions through satellites that bounce off the metal in the plate in his head (Which is why he’s wearing the tinfoil, duh).

Which is to say he’s awesome, but still crazy.

Stick with me, kid — I’ll make a man of you yet!

I really really miss Koontz’s analysis threads. They were an interesting insight into the board, and he put a lot of work into them. In fact, I pretty much miss Koontz altogether.

Oh, and one other thing. I think we NOTICE the hateful/angry posts more. They stand out. This is why the other thread (from 04) cites all sorts of rude/mean posts. Were they more then than there are now? Probably not. But you always notice them. This is why kids today are always worse than they were in your day. You remember the good times of the past, but you notice the bad times of the present. It’s the same with a forum. Most of the people here are quite helpful and friendly. But in most threads someone will be reactionary or rude or whatever. Even if 90% of the posts in that thread were quite helfpul, the one that angers us will be more memorable. I don’t think there are more of them, and I disagree with those who think that everyone on a forum cares more about being noticed than being helpful.

JOHN MANY JAPS

HE CLAZY RIKE FOX ^____^ KAWAII

TL/DR can someone sum up for me please? Is Qt3 Domed this week or no?

The short version is that there used to be lions on the Qt3 savannah, but mostly they have moved on. Posters like Chet (silenced by association to Valve), Met_K (was banned a couple of times), Wumpus (banned and went pro), DrCrypt (got too old for that shit) used to prowl on that savannah. If someone identified themselves as a sickly gazelle by posting stupid stuff about 9/11 or how fat they were the lions would take care of business. Bill joined a little later and still can’t stop it entirely, but other than him I’m not sure who else takes care of this function anymore. Since the lions are mostly gone, the sickly gazelles can poop all over the place with no one to stop them, which would make the place nicer (in a way), but also less interesting.

Flowers does a good job at that, although since his victims can’t reasonably think on a level beyond lolcats, I think most of it just goes over their heads.

Most of us, I think, realized a long time ago that we didn’t have enough digits amongst us to plug all the holes in the leaky QT3 dam. You know, the one that held back the flood tides of witless banality.

All I can say is that I’m still proud to be the 10th most varied poster of 2003!

Top ten, bitches!!

I hate people who say “whoop” when they mean “whup”. Whoop is a real word - ever think about whooping someone’s ass? It means you are cheering and yelling at it - I’m not sure that’s the image you want to impart (well, maybe you did - I’m cool with it I suppose).

Get your ebonics correct!

;-)

Take it to the nerd rage thread, Frances.

Who are you raging at?

Big whoop.

The machine!

Right, I had been reading the forums for years and then signed up when the search function was made available only for members.

I like the name.

I signed up after years of lurking because I knew the answer to a problem someone had in the Hardware forum. Then someone else answered it before I finished signing up anyhow.

You’ve been pretty helpful in my HDTV thread. :)