Why Burger King sucks

Methinks Sarkus is going to appear in a Burger King commercial.

Every Sunday morning, my wife and I have Hardee’s for breakfast. It’s wonderfully debilitating. I go into a sugar coma from my two pack of Cinnamon-Raisin biscuits. And she takes a nap after having her sausage biscuit.

I used to love McD’s hot fudge sundae. Haven’t had one in the past 10 years, but I remember them being fantastic.

I’m mostly vegan(not idealogical, just in diet) but will make exceptions now and then for In N Out. They are by far the best fast food you can get.

Well, their revenues have taken a dive. I don’t think they’ve found the right message to deliver since the demise of Dave.

Dave WAS Wendy’s.

Clearly BK needs to start more Whopper farms, because there aren’t enough Whoppers to kill for their meat.

The current Wendys ad with the guys with the red pigtails is kind of disturbing.

That is bizarre, it’s totally their current campaign:

The current Wendys ad with the guys with the red pigtails is kind of disturbing.

Because Wendy’s is chasing BK with their ad campaign, in the whole “oddvertising” style made popular by Crispen Porter & Bogusky (the “king” guy in the mask, subservient chicken, etc). The whole style of ad needs to die, because it’s gotten really annoying.

The Whopper Freak Out ads are the stupidest thing I’ve ever seen.

Really? You want to promote the idea that a trip to a fast food restraunt is going to be a frustrating experience?

REally? You want me to associate myself with the kind of lifeless, soul dead, irrational morons that would freak out over not being able to get a Whopper?

It must be effective, though, because we’re talking about it. I’m actually craving a whopper right now thanks to this thread.

Yay! I just got the former, and now I’m well on the way to guilt-free eating forever! Fancy that!

Half mile. Number 1, grilled onions, fries animal style. For here.

yum.

There are only two problems with In and Out. They are frequently packed during peak hours, and many times after peak hours, making their name not quite descriptive. The other is that without all of the preservatives that most places use, their hamburgers are not nearly as tasty if you let them sit for any amount of time.

Small price to pay for the service and the food.

I like a 2x4 with grilled onions and a swirl shake, with fries well done. I have to agree, you gotta eat it within about 15 minutes or it isn’t that good, especially the fries.gr

I was under the impression that most BKs, McDs, and Wendyses were owned by independent companies.

If a specific BK runs out of whoppermeat it’s not really corporate BKs fault per se.

If you’re leaving the hamburger lying around long enough for the amount of preservatives in there to become a factor, dude, that’s just too long.Throw it away already.

I’ve been at guilt free eating for years, and haven’t gotten either of those. Trust me, you don’t need someone else to tell you when you should feel guilty after eating.

Ditto.

Thank god I’m still new enough to the SF FiDi area to have NO idea where the nearest BK is. And I’m too lazy to google it right now.

I wasn’t impressed by In-N-Out the first (and only) time I went. I’ll give it another shot in a month or so, but I think that it was hyped to me so much (as OMG!!111 Best Burger EVAR!!!11) that there was no way it could live up to the expectations.

Then again, I absolutely love Jack-In-The-Box’s Sourdough Jack.

I like Burger King, I would say they have the best fries. Best burger goes to Culver’s though. In-and-Out is thousands of miles away, so I may as well be pining for the fjords.

I like the chicken sandwiches at these places, especially BK (tendercrisp I think it’s called?) Getting chicken lets me rationalize that it is somehow better for me then the burgers.

But really, do I have to ask for bbq sauce every time?! Shouldn’t my desire to put delicious bbq sauce on a chicken sandwich be implied/assumed/obvious??

I actually liked Arby’s milkshakes.

However, after being told on multiple occasions that they did not have any roast beef for their sandwiches and they also didn’t have the ice cream necessary for shakes, I found myself wondering if perhaps they craft their roast beef and their ice cream from the same hideous protoplasmic omni-goo.