Why did Red Dead Redemption never get ported to PC?

It’s a mark of my gamer shame that I never got this. I figured I’d wait until the PC version came out … which as the title of the thread suggests, it never did. A quick glance shows me it’s available on Amazon for a song ($17) or I can get the Game of the Year edition at Gamestop ($30 new, and inexplicably much higher on Amazon).

So is the GotY edition worth the extra cash?

[ul]
[li]Original Red Dead Redemption game with a brand-new hardcore single-player mode;[/li]> [li]Undead Nightmare single-player campaign and multiplayer* modes;[/li]> [li]Legends and Killers Pack*, featuring additional multiplayer map locations, multiplayer characters, and the Tomahawk projectile weapon;[/li]> [li]Liars and Cheats Pack*, including the Stronghold multiplayer competitive mode, Free Roam gambling games, multiplayer horse races with combat, and the Explosive Rifle.[/li]> [li]Hunting and Trading Outfits Pack, featuring two outfits with corresponding gameplay challenges for John Marston;[/li]> [li]Outlaws To The End Co-Op Mission Pack*, including six co-op missions for up to four players;[/li]> [li]All original pre-order content, including the Deadly Assassin Outfit, War Horse, and Golden Guns Weapon Pack;[/li]> [li]Solomon’s Folly single-player gang hideout and challenges available for the first time on Xbox 360;[/li]> [li]Just-released Myths and Mavericks Bonus Pack, featuring fan-favorite multiplayer characters and all-new locations to battle in.[/li]> [/ul]

If you are going to play multiplayer, I think so. The Undead Nightmare is very fun as well, both singleplayer and multiplayer.

I’m mostly a SP kind of guy, but perhaps the Undead Nightmare might help along with that Solomon’s Folly bit.

Then I’d just get the cheap version, and get Undead Nightmare on the side

Heh, I’m in the same boat - unfortunately, I’m no console guy, so I still cannot play it. Maybe some day there’ll be a XBox360 emulator or something, but I’m not holding my breath. Too bad.

Btw., not to hijack the thread, but here’s hoping Rockstar will at least make a PC version of GTA5…

rezaf

i’m with you up to here. Voice actor/actresses are thankless roles at best and i’m glad, for once, some of them have reached a level of notoriety and fame that they stand out to the public at large and can command somewhat more of a presence in gaming, even if it means they are at times overused. Hale nailed Shepard, for ex., despite doing VO work in dozens of games (i’m happy to let Blizzard pay her big bucks for her work in Diablo 3 for a character that could have been VO by basically anybody). Still I find Rob Weithoff to be almost perfect and memorable. I hardly remember anything of the voice of the Bioshock Infinite protagonist, for ex. If you want to hear on overused voice actor I need only point you to Steve Blum. Once you start listening for him you’ll begin to despair as he is in almost literally every game genre I like to play. I guess he doesn’t do sports games or something.

It was more rail shooter than open world.