Why Didn't Someone Tell Me I Was Doing It Wrong?

It sorta is, but it’s also sorta cool in a frontier, cowboy way. It’s also a better weapon than a normal skillet.

We go with nice teflon skillet (probably bad for us) and use plastic implements to avoid scratching. It cooks well. It cleans easy. We probably replace every 3 years or so.

There are other bananas you could try.

I couldn’t tell just by watching the video, so here’s an infographic.

So which of you banana haters has spent the last few decades trying to wipe them off the face of the earth?

(Cavendish variety makes up about 99% of the world’s banana crop.)

The bananas are the first to go in the glorious Penbladian Utopia!

Goddamn Fusarium, that’s a plague on tomatoes too.

no no no no. Ever wonder why your armpits smell like they exude urine instead of sweat? Why you sweat so much, so quickly? Why everything is always itching? Why if you’ve ever worn polyester gym wear, you need to burn them after a session? Because the human body doesn’t like being covered in a petroleum product. Linen, cotton, they breath, they caress, they don’t make your privates break out into hives.

I can instantly know when a t-shirt is anything less than 100% cotton, by the crawling warm itch that I get everywhere it touches.

Also the joys of microplastic fibers breaking off from your polyester clothes during washing and drying and ending up in the water supply. . .

. . . I recognize modern synthetics have their uses, but by and large, I try to avoid them.

I third this: I can’t stand wearing artificial fabrics. Cotton, wool, that is about it. The rest just feel slick and they don’t breathe at all.

I’ll never forget going to clubs in the 70s in a Qiana shirt. Then coming home reeking of cigarette smoke and bad perfume. It took several washes to get the smell out.

But they don’t stretch and they don’t dry out. I wear almost exclusively cotton for everyday wear, but for the gym? I climb pretty regularly. When you’re hanging precariously by 4 fingertips while trying to put your toe on a hold that’s at waist level, you don’t want your cotton pants to be binding up on your knees. Also, when you sweat as much as I do, I’ll admit that vanity compels me to wear clothing that doesn’t showcase the big sweat patches under my arms, on my chest, and around my crotch. Well-made poly workout shirts wick sweat away from my body, don’t look wet, and dry quickly.

Cotton certainly can stretch, depending on the knit used. I’m not sure that jersey sleep pants are the best solution for climbing, but it’s definitely not absolute :)

I sweat loads and loads, which at first is great 'cause with minimal effort I look like I’ve been excercising for 45 minutes, but I’ll admit by the end, it feels like I’ve transferred two pounds of water weight into my t-shirt which typically is completely saturated. People playing soccer with me would joke that it was a defensive sweat shield, they wouldn’t want to touch me and get a handful of juice. But still, I remember having an UnderArmor polyester t-shirt, the fetid rank that developped on it no matter how quickly I laid it out to dry, whereas my cotton t-shirts, as long as they don’t lay in a wet lump, just have a faint hint of odor when dry.

Just on this t-shirt note, I like a brand called Tentree (ten trees, get it) - super comfy! Their clothes are a blend of materials, but the softest cotton I own.

Not quite doing it wrong but I don’t know where else to put this. I sat beside someone that worked for Purdue tonight at the bar. A cooking show was on and we were commenting on it.

Since I was young and my Grandma made these for us until now, I had always thought Cornish Hens were, I dunno, a specific breed of fowl. They are not, they are a cross of actual breeds of, well, chickens.

More importantly, probably at NO time in my life have I ever actually eaten a Rock Cornish Game Hen. A lot of actual US producers (Purdue being the largest,) just process chickens earlier (5-6 weeks) versus when they make their first normal cut (7-13 weeks for a broiler/fryer, or longer for other types like roaster or stewer.)

So me eating Cornish hens with Grandma and at any time I’ve probably bought them from the store? Nah, just younger chickens.

So Cornish Hens are really just fowl veal?

Couldn’t eat them after watching Eraser Head.

Yeah, that scene is strangely the most disturbing one in the film for me. I remember it vividly, far more than the giant screaming sperm.

Didn’t see this thread until now. Just get a steamer. I have no idea how to iron but the steamer gets out 95% of wrinkles.

The trick is to leave the iron in one spot and let it do its thing. Very little manual intervention required.

(No I’m lying. Don’t do this.)