Why do the Jehovah's Witnesses hate freedom?

Just had a nice lady tromp through the rain to my front door to hand me a flier from the Jehovah’s Witnesses railing against “False Religion”.

The top point in the pamphlet was railing against the Iraq war - it was actually kind of refreshing to see Christians actually preaching tolerance and love for their enemies.

Of course, it then went off on a rant against gay marriage and an obscure philosophical distinction between having an immortal soul vs one that dies when the body passes away (until Jesus resurrects it). But still…

Why do they love pedophiles as much, if not more, than the Catholic church?

Well the JW are against all service to kingdoms not of God. They believe that the kingdoms of the earth is the beast of revelations, or some such. So in this case I believe it would not so much be a sign of tolerance as of the old broken clock being right twice a day.

They’re a bunch of insane wackos.

I got that same flyer this morning and had pretty much the same reaction.

No they aren’t. They are just people who are indoctrinated as children and as such grow up believing any manner of ridiculous tripe.

Just like any religion.

Indoctrinated with insane wacko ideas. IE: Religion.

(Note: Santa Claus and the Great Pumpkin, are, of course, real.)

I’m pretty sure I got that same flyer a few days ago; I didn’t look at it too closely, but it did loudly proclaim “THE END OF FALSE RELIGION!” Must be a coordinated campaign if they’re popping up way up here, too.

right, so, insane wackos.

Jehovah’s Witnesses and their theologically, archaelogically, and academically sound batshit claptrap are responsible in no small part for the freedoms of speech that we enjoy today. “Shit on you, and shit on you after you fucking die from on goddamn motherfucking high,” is the original unpopular speech.

Thomas Jefferson: Jehovah’s Witness!

Incidently, JW’s aren’t Christians. Not to get into that whole thread again, but they specifically deny the divinity of Christ. Therefore, not Christian.

The only thing I know about the J-dubs is that they don’t celebrate holidays. Which, in a weird turn, gives me something in common with them, since for the most part neither do I.

One translation of Jesus from the original hebrew texts is Joshua. That’s right, Joshua is the son of god. Sorry to fuck up anybody’s day.

Well, that explains their inability to get on board with the whole “kill the heathens” thing, then.

Organized religion has given us, directly and indirectly, many fantastic stripper costumes.

I certainly can’t argue with that.

“I contend we are both atheists, I just believe in one fewer god than you do. When you understand why you dismiss all the other possible gods, you will understand why I dismiss yours.”

Stephen F. Roberts

I dismiss other gods because only Crom grants revenge.

-Flowers, Hyborean Age Apologist

I can think of… two. And one of those is really only mediocre if you didn’t go to Catholic school. Not cutting it.