Why doesn't the U.S. eat Mutton like Northern Europeans?

Now that I think of it, my grandmother would occasionally make lamb. She’d cut holes in it and stuff garlic cloves in. It had raisins as well. A a kid I didn’t like it. But now it sounds tasty. I should find a recipe. I’m guessing it was a Sicilian dish imported from Northern Africa.

I don’t blame you. I was surprised by the glowing report, myself. But it was good when they served it to me!

Sourced and processed in New Zealand, so Sam’s Club hadn’t done more than ship it, stock it, and re-sell it.

One of Lydia Bastianich’s cookbooks has a cubed lamb shoulder recipe that is wonderful. Oddly enough it cooks a long time at higher oven temperatures. I made it for Christmas a few years back and it was awesome.

Something like this?

http://lidiasitaly.com/recipes/roasted-lamb-shoulder/

She made that one on the show for her son-in-law (iirc). It looked delicious and he certainly dug into it. Does anyone get in trouble if I post a picture of the recipe here?

IMG_20171029_184517

If the image sucks too much I’ll redo.

Being Lebanese I have had my fair share of goat and lamb, and while they can be quite good when done correctly I still choose steak every time. I’ve never had mutton though. I have to assume that if it was worth eating it would have been mass farmed like cows or to a lesser extend goats and lambs.

Also I don’t know if its a lifetime of RPGs brainwashing me or not but mutton is a horrible word for a food.

Your name almost sounds like Mutton too, you can’t be objective.

We had mutton curry 2 days ago at a nepal restaurant: very little meat, very chewy, tasted like lamb but stronger. Quite liked it in those conditions, but would definitly not eat a fillet or whatever of it either.