Why don't I like Resident Evil 4? UPDATE: Oooh, maybe I'll like this 2023 remastered version!

It was a great ride. I really hope they keep the gameplay intact for the remake.

What they should do for the remake:

• Fix some bugs, where enemies have issues with moving, or don’t move at all
  • Add more character models for same enemy types. That one old villager is cloned everywhere…
  • Improve the graphics to current standards, like in RE2 remake.

other than that, I don’t think anything needs fixing. Shinji Mikami did some great games back then, RE4 is a perfect videogame.

I also consider it one of the few perfect video games. I’ve bought it for a silly amount of systems and it’s one of the first I always install whenever I get a new PC. I know some people think once you reach the castle it slows down a bit, but for me the pacing is best I’ve ever experienced in an action game.

After finishing, I noticed a new game+ mode. It start with a merchant, you can buy the Mathilda or the infinite rocket launcher. I bought the Mathilda (pistol). However, you keep all your stuff and upgrades and start the game on normal difficulty. That is a bit dumb, why not harder? It’s too easy now.

I played to until I got to the lake then restared a new game on pro difficulty. Wow, feels like the game I played more than 10 years ago, super hard, but satisfying. You need to save ammo and think strategic how and where to take fights, when to run, when to heal.

So now I am at the lake again, this time on pro. Not sure how far I can make it, there are some really hard spots where I died a lot on normal.

And this Dr. Salvador, the guy with the chainsaw, is actually scary again. He eats bullets like candy…

bummer, I am stuck in the house with Luis Sera, Ashley and a never ending horde of zombie ganados. This part was pretty tricky on normal difficulty, but brutal on pro. This set piece also feature the Cthulhu zombies, so really dangerous.

Finally finished Res 4 on professional. Wow, that was hard work. On the island level I wasted all my bullets on the stupid grey zombies (don’t know their name anymore, regiradors or something)

Then I could get some ammo back and struggled against Krauser. Needed to learn to use my knife. And then the warzone level, really hard work.

But I did it and was rewarded with a special one shot-kill-all- enemies gun for my next playthrough. Time for revenge, I guess…

They need to fix the AI in some levels for the remake. Sometimes the ganados get stuck in a loop or the environment.

I never finished Res 5, I think I will do that now and start a new game.

Pro mode took me 30 hrs, compared to my 25 hrs for my normal playthrough.

After years of work, the fan-made HD overhaul for Resi 4’s finally releasing next week.

It will be a good excuse to install the game and try to get into it again.

DF Weekly talked about this HD project, it does sound pretty nice.

It’s live as a monster 37GB download.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1M8gY45bjEA

I started downloading the HD project from Mega. You can only download a limited amount per day without becoming a paying member, so I should have this downloaded in a month or so.

guys, it is happening

One of my favourite games of all time is coming back. Tldr: The flow, pacing of the game is just PERFECT. There was never a moment in the game, when I thought that it was just filler. Never.

I replay the HD remake every few years, and then NG+ and some.

grafik

sorry, guys, wake me up in March. I was ready for this holiday season…

I love the title of this thread. I’ve never actually played these games but nothing about them appeals to me, aside from parrying a chainsaw with a knife.

Not everything has to be about me though, so enjoy the remake! It looks spectacular!

This is one of my fave all time games, as well. Non-stop fun all the way through.

Saw some gameplay videos and I have to say it’s looking too dark, and by this, I mean the color palette. It went from all brown/sepia in the original to now all black. They were probably going for a creepier tone, but it’s just frustratingly dark to the point details are hard to discern. Hopefully it’s something an in-game brightness setting will fix.

Other than that, I’m pretty excited about this. Only played it once at release on the Gamecube, though I bought the Xbox port a while ago but never got to it.

Same here and I had a blast with it! Not sure whether I’ll play this though, just because I’m not great with replaying stuff.

Ha. I must have given up on downloading that beast.

Fifteen years later, will I be dumb enough to try it a fourth time on a third system? No I will not. But good for those of you who enjoy it!

Well said!

I will probably be dumb enough to give it another try, even though I’ve never enjoyed it previously.

Why is everyone (not Leon) so hot?

but you can carry over your equipment to NG+ … so much fun.
I bet you will be able to change color filters. Like in Demon’s Souls.

I wish the Quest 2 release used the HD version.