Why haven't you joined the Age of Rivals alliance?

I have no input on the iOS ecosystem but it seems to run fine on my 5 year old Galaxy Note 2 android phone.

Well, it seems to run okay on my third generation iPad. So when they say they “don’t support it”, I guess that just means they can tell me “sucks to be you” if it starts crashing or whatever.

-Tom

P.S. There are a bunch of randos queued up as empire requests. I’m assuming none of them is you guys, so I’m just going to delete the requests. But since amandachen has defected, we have an opening if anyone wants in!

I’d like in the Alliance if the slot is still open. Same name as my QT3 account: Vormithrax
The alliance list only shows 10 entries with no way i can find to scroll/refresh/change which ones are shown.

Invited!

-Tom

I picked this up on ios too.

What are the benefits of being in an alliance?

Being in an empires means you can earn a reward on any given day if any of the ten members has won a multiplayer match. It’s a pittance, really, but it’s cool to login in and be, all, like, “ooh, tgb123 won a multiplayer game, so I get 50 gold!”

It also makes you feel guilty for not winning multiplayer games, so be prepared to deal with that.

-Tom

I would like to join the Qt3 Alliance. tylertoo626 is the handle.

However I am just starting out and not ready for MP, so if space is limited, please save it for someone who can actually contribute!

Just got through the tutorial. Fascinating stuff. Was there a board game version?

This game is sweet. If you’re in an alliance, is it easy to see who can play?

While I might go back to this at some point, feel free to eject me from the qt3 alliance as I haven’t played in quite a while. Just got sidetracked onto other things. I’m JoshL on there.

I had the coolest win against hard ai earlier. The way the cards fell, the ai had a much better military than me and my trade goods got jacked up too (my own fault…I had a screw-up when splitting damage during an early war round and put a 2 damage instead of a 3 on a unit, and had to drop the 3 on one of my goods). When the ai got the 10 point culture card in the third round and took a 10 point lead into the final round, I thought I was done.

However, I did have one thing going for me. I had built up my income to 25 and had a significant gold advantage in the final round, plus the moneylender. The ai wasn’t able to buy his bigger hitting military units in the last round (which would have been disastrous for me).

I ended up spending down to 1 gold, but got 3 from temples. The 2 points from gold took me from what would have been a 1-point loss to a 1-point win.

I too would love in as well if there are openings. I’m “LordGek”.

Now there are two Qr3 alliances, and this situation is begging for a tournament. It’s too bad, though, that playing each other requires that both players’ children be taking naps similtaneously.

We have a channel on Qt3 Slack which makes it a lot easier to play vs friends, if anyone wants to join it. Just PM me an email.

Time to jump back in.

Nice, uh, rave review here.

I think price goes up soon, a buck only for the first week.

Sounds like an honeymoon phase review!

The game is really fun in its basic gameplay, but I think its design falls apart if you invest too much time and attention in it. It felt too much luck-based to be rewarding in the long run: luck of the draw; luck of the redraw at the beginning of the 2nd and 3rd round; one of your own special cards taking away that card you were eyeing during your opponent’s turn, thus the card you picked is now suddenly irrelevant and a waste; and I think all this culminates during the ultimate round, which is too random for me in the way the cards are drawn. When I stopped playing it on the PC, winning didn’t feel rewarding a lot of the time, as my opponent would just have had horrible luck in that last round, while losing was really rage-inducing oftentimes (and all that is coming from a Twilight Struggle fanboy, before some @Chappers come to rub it in my face).

Still, it is a fun time-waster that I launch every now and then, and the phone might be the perfect platform for it.

Might be a function of tolerance for some randomness in games. I’m finding it incredibly rewarding and fun to play, but I don’t mind some randomness, generally.

Yeah, there’s definitely a fair amount of randomness, but so far it feels within acceptable limits for a card game. A good proportion of turns have an interesting choice to make, which is a more important metric in my book than how often random factors flip the result.

This amazing game. It’s practically an RTS.

‘Practically’ in this case meaning one out of the three words applies ;p

I’m not sure what goes through your mind as you play, of course, but my mind is doing everything that it does when playing real-time strategy. (Well, when I used to. I give zero shits about them any more. But Age of Rivals seems like an excellent replacement!)