Why haven't you joined the Age of Rivals alliance?

Please add me, I’m Chappers.

@tbg123 - The forfeit button should always be available, so that might have been a bug. Does this happen to you every time? Would you be willing to send a screenshot to [email protected]? Same with the timer, it should always be visible. It’s a small yellow bar near the middle of the screen. Thanks!

@Mark_L We still believe in unlocking content over time, so we’re going to keep the same structure. But we’re going to dramatically speed it up so that everyone is constantly making progress. With today’s update, we will be doubling all end-game rewards, increasing mission rewards, and cutting the number of rival cards you need by more than half. With these changes, players should be getting new cards and characters to play with much more frequently. And playing vs. the Hard computer or vs. Anyone also grant larger rewards for a loss.

Not sure if this will change your mind, but either way, we very much appreciate the feedback. I think this will make the game better for more players overall. Thanks!

Edit: this update is now live.

Honestly, I was so new to the game when I played on line that it’s possible I just missed both because I was frantically trying to figure out what card to play before the timer ran out. Now that we’ve got the alliance going and I know the game a bit better, I’ll get in some more multiplayer later and see if it’s still a problem.

For what it’s worth, the benefits of the unlocking mechanism are pretty minimal. I agree with you that it advances too slowly, but I don’t think it affects the fundamental – and very good! – gameplay much.

-Tom

So how does the alliance benefit by members winning games against strangers, exactly?

Perhaps some sort of inter-alliance tournament is in order.

The one part of the game I think is really disappointing is the lack of card art. All cards within the same category have the same picture. At first I thought that might be to help identify the category of a card quicker, but then isn’t that what the category logos are for on the top left anyway?

Other than that I am enjoying this game it is fun to play.

Weirdly enough I hadn’t even noticed that. I guess enough of the art is covered with the card name and various icons that I just sort of thought they were different. Another weird thing is that I kind of like the art style, it’s got a stained-glass thing going that seems to work.

The one thing that does mess me up is looking at the discount/tax circles. I always forget to look and end up giving my opponent way too much tax.

I feel the same way.

Even though I finally managed to eke out a win against some random stranger, I still don’t like the way the timer is implemented. 30 seconds is often not enough time to decide what card to purchase when you are new and just learning the game.

[quote=“tgb123, post:29, topic:128904, full:true”]
Even though I finally managed to eke out a win against some random stranger, I still don’t like the way the timer is implemented. 30 seconds is often not enough time to decide what card to purchase when you are new and just learning the game.[/quote]

Honestly I like the 30 second limit, it prevents a single game from taking too long. I am just learning too and only felt time pressured to pick once or twice, maybe because I just don’t put enough thought into my choices, but anyway there is single player content if a player were to feel overwhelmed with what to do.

To answer my own question, I just learned that at the end of every day alliance members can collect 10 coins for every on-line victory their teammates achieve.

I’ll work on that this afternoon then!

@vijay, if you’re still listening… on the character selection screen, have the scroll wheel move the character list faster. Kthxbye.

Something that isn’t covered by the rulebook is how income and resources work between rounds. Based on my experience this is my understanding of how it works, let me know if I am missing something:

• Economy buildings will continue to give you resources and income forever even if they aren’t on the board during a round.
  • If an economy building gets its defence down to 0 during war, however, you will lose its income and resources.
  • Even if the economy building doesn’t get knocked out from that war, the benefits will stay lost unless you redraw the economy building later.
  • There is no use in having an economy building redrafted for you unless it had its armour reduced to 0 in a previous war round.

It looks like alliances are limited to ten players. If anyone in this thread decides you won’t be playing anymore, let me know and I’ll make room for someone else. Right now, whoever’s trying to join as “daviet” is locked out because we’re full.

Also, thanks to those of you who won games and earned a little money for everyone! The game shows you who did and didn’t win a match the previous day, so there’s a bit of shaming that goes with the cash bonus. :)

-Tom, who didn’t win a match yesterday

That’s my understanding so far as well. Protecting your economics is vital, as I learned in a very painful game where I was experimentating them as shields.
There are only slight exceptions I spotted so far to your last point: in the event you picked an economic card after a scout, the scout will desactivate it as well, making its redraw welcome on the next round. Also, some card(s?) gives a VP bonus (I think permanently, at that!) to your economic cards, making a deck built around them quite profitable on the purple point front… if you manage to keep them alive.

I have never been in such a restricted club before.

Tom let me in. How restricted can it be?

K, noted. FWIW, you can also click-drag that list, in which case it moves faster. Thanks!

I’ve been meaning to try this. It’s made by some PopCap alumni / ex-coworkers of mine. Glad to hear it’s good. I’ll try to fire it up this weekend and join the guild.

It’s easy to like this, but there is tons of obtuse stuff.
In a game, a card that seemed like it was supposed to deal 3x1 damage was dealing 3x1 damage on summon, then 3x1 dmg after the end of the war. Another time, one of my defense was taking systematically 2 points of damage from some place in the middle of the war phase. I inspected my opponents hand, but nothing hinted to that. It made the attribution of damage irrelevant.