Why I can't say I am against the war with a straight face

Code Pink

We should just sit down and talk with the Iraqi leaders. We could agree that war is mean and bad. Everyone can agree that we should be more friendly. When he sees that we are nice, maybe he will be nice too.

What if we followed our peaceful protests with action - let’s impose economic sanctions on our country and others hell-bent on war. I propose a day of non-spending - a day of celebration and sharing. We have a huge voice now all over the world. What if we back up this large voice with action.

On February 23, we will be having a “Make Pink” Day in our small town of Superior, CO. Everyone is bringing glue guns, scissors and anything pink. We have dyed the “undies” pink of lady who passed away at 99.

PLEASE FEEL FREE TO MAKE A MILLION COPIES OF THIS FLYER IDEA AND POST THEM ALL OVER! NO MORE BUSH-IT! NO MORE COWBOY POLITICS! OBVIOUSLY THE LARGER THE FONT THE BETTER

News Flash: The movement is going strong! I live in Salt Lake City, UT and am a member of the radical cheerleading troupe Pom-Poms NOT Bomb-Bombs.

Of course the saving grace to all of these messages is - they are posted by young, impressionable, dumb, girls. Which is why I made the request at the bottom (brad brown) to include more pictures of the activists.

There are always silly people on every side…

That first line was stolen word for word from my site! (I lost the page when I switched hosts dammit).

My favorite so far:

Sunday, January 19, 2003
The moment that I learned of the tragedy of 911, my way of thinking changed dramatically. I instantly sensed the true fragility of this precious reality we call life. I just kept thinking, “What have we done here in America that has made these people so angry with us?” Then our leaders started bombing Afghanistan. Everyone seemed so hell bent on war! I brainstormed… How could I help make people think differently? Then it came to me …my car! I decided I’d use my car to advertise PEACE. I ordered new California personalized license plates: PS4ERTH. Now as I travel the roads and freeways of California, going in and out of stop-and-go traffic, I feel that I have created a motorized ‘peace’ march for the driving public to view. Look for me in Orange County, California. I bid all of you PEACE.

‘Piss 4 Earth’ is a message that, I think, we can all get behind.

There are always silly people on every side…

Sure, but on the pro war side they are ugly old men. I miss going to peace marches to meet girls.

Chet

I figured PS4ERTH belonged to someone from Sony.

Yeah, the basic problem with the peace movement is the naivety and foolishness of many of it’s members. People like this who say diplomacy as if it’s magic. Fact is there aren’t going to be diplomatic solutions for everything, and sometimes a diplomatic solution is worse than war. They should probably organize some kind of classes for perspective protestors where they can learn real reasons to be against the war and why their stupid little soundbites are so worthless.

OBVIOUSLY THE LARGER THE FONT THE BETTER.

This is my new motto. It used to be “Grass, Gas or Ass: Nobody Rides for Free” but that’s even better.