Why is Malwarebytes suddenly blocking 239.255.255.250 outbound by Chrome.exe?

This morning Malwarebytes is popping up every 10 seconds or so saying it is blocking outbound traffic by Chrome (and now Plex Media Server) to 239.255.255.250.

I haven’t seen this before - what is going on?

Thanks

EDIT - ADMIN PLEASE DELETE - PROBLEM SOLVED (it was a MB bug.)

What did you do to fix it?

Just to follow up, we pushed an update that fixes this. To fix the issue, simply update your copy of Malwarebytes (e.g. Malwarebytes 3.0 or Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x) then reboot your PC.

If needed, here are the database versions that fix this:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x Version: v2017.03.02.09
Malwarebytes 3 Version: 1.0.1404
If needed, here are the directions to update the database to the latest version:

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 2.x: Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the Notification Tray of Windows and select Check for Updates OR click the Update link in the Database Version field of the Dashboard.
Malwarebytes 3.0: Right click the Malwarebytes icon in the Notification Tray of Windows and select Check for Updates OR select the clickable link next to the word Updates under Scan Status of the Dashboard.

Thank fuck for that, this was driving me bonkers all evening.

Wow I thought I was the only one seeing this today!

Always drives me nuts when people delete their issue threads because they solved their personal problem, as if the Internet is a personal answering service and no one else would ever have the same issue and stumble upon the thread via Google.

Rant over!

I assumed this was an issue only I was having and I had just posted here prematurely (i.e. before doing my homework.)

Totally understandable, but yeah, leave it up.

Q: MWB Puts up a popup each time it blocks something, and it isn’t possible to “Remember this block, continue to block it, and shut the f up about it?” as a option?

No amazingly it doesn’t have a feature like that so you’re forced to go manually folder/process hunting to make the exclusion.

while the grandfathered mbam license was appreciated and it finally combined anti-exploit into the same product suite, i found mbam has become too unwieldy, sluggish and buggy.

you have to disable all alerts.